- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 65
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Compare Numbers with Math Symbols
Course SummaryHelp your child prepare for the Elementary Level SSAT exam with this comprehensive test prep course. Students can complete this course in as little as a few weeks to review all the information they'll need to know for the SSAT.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient and mobile-friendly course contains fun and entertaining lessons that are geared toward 3rd and 4th grade students who will be taking the Elementary Level Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT). These study resources cover the subject areas your students will be tested on, such as elementary geometry, verbal skills and math word problems. The course is available at any time, and it includes plenty of practice quizzes to help your students gain confidence before taking the SSAT. The course is aligned with the following exam subject areas:
- Word and money problems
- Basic geometry
- Quantitative skills
- Verbal, reading and writing skills
About the Exam
The Elementary Level SSAT is a multiple-choice admissions examination that is aimed at 3rd and 4th graders who are seeking admission to an independent school. There are four sections (writing, math, verbal and reading) and 89 questions on the exam. Students must complete the exam in less than two hours, and they'll have a 15-minute break halfway through the test.
Elementary Level SSAT Exam Preparation & Registration
Young students will enjoy the engaging and simple teaching style of our lessons. Our instructors offer easy-to-understand definitions and explanations of SSAT topics, and the accompanying quizzes can help your child practice answering the types of questions they'll encounter on the SSAT exam. To locate the topics they need to study, you can use the course Dashboard and video timelines. The course's final assessment can help you evaluate your child's readiness to sit for the SSAT.
Registration for the SSAT can be completed online on the official SSAT website. After creating an SSAT account, you'll be able to register by selecting an upcoming test date, choosing a nearby testing center, filling out specific information about your student and submitting an online payment. Test scores will be posted online two weeks after your student takes the exam. You also have the option of having your student's test scores mailed to you for a small fee.
The Elementary Level SSAT exam is a registered trademark of the Enrollment Management Association, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- 6 Ways Parents Can Help Their Child Prepare for the SAT
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- GMAT Courses: Overview of GMAT Prep Courses
- Tax Preparer Courses and Classes Overview
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses