- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 265
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Addition Lesson Plan
Course SummaryIf you need help planning elementary math lessons, then you're in the right place. This convenient online teacher resource collection offers lesson plan outlines, class activities and supplemental materials that you can use to plan and enhance your elementary math curriculum.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Elementary Math: Lesson Plans & Games - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter are filled with lesson plans that can be used in an elementary math classroom grades 1 through 6. When you use these lesson plans, you will find effective games, activities and exercises that you can apply right in your classroom. The elementary math lesson plans and activities includes the following:
- Specific activities and games for grades 1 through 6
The lesson plans included in this chapter will give you specific games and exercises that you can apply to your math classroom. The lessons are broken down in a way that is grade appropriate to ensure you are using methods and techniques that are age specific.
How It Helps
- Interactive tools: Ensures that you use activities that are developmentally and age appropriate
- Fundamental skills: Includes fundamental math skills that elementary school students should be comfortable with
- Variety of techniques: Incorporates numerous ways to reach students and teach math
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning math lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific math topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your elementary math class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related math lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes and printable math worksheets to ensure your students understand the most important math concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant elementary math-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Math Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Requirements to Become an Elementary Math Teacher
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- ELA Lesson Plans
- Music Lesson Plans
- Free Lesson Plans
- Art Lesson Plans
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses