- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Course SummaryUse this short Elements of a Cohesive Work Team course to train employees and team leaders on the skills and values needed to work effectively together. Engaging lessons can be accessed at any time, on any device, so your employees can fit this corporate training into their busy work schedules.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Whether your company has 5 employees or 5,000, building strong teams that work well together improves employee performance, commitment and motivation. This course defines the necessary elements for establishing and maintaining a unified team. Quizzes included within each lesson can be used during group training sessions to ensure employees have an aligned understanding of the topics covered.
How It Works
Employees watch a short series of video lessons that take around 5 minutes each. They can access the videos on any mobile device anytime, anywhere. You can also set up group training sessions, giving teams a chance to learn and discuss the essential characteristics of a cohesive team, together.
Practical training features in this course include:
- Fun video lessons designed to encourage team discussion
- Convenient timelines with clickable links to access specific topics within the video
- Lesson quizzes that can be used individually or as a team-building activity
- A chapter exam covering the definition and development of a strong team
- A chapter exam on cohesion, communication, accountability, trust and conflict
- A final exam that tests employees' grasp of the material as a whole
How It Helps
- Defines essential skills: Short video lessons help team leaders and members learn and understand what's needed to build an effective team.
- Provides team building activities: Using this course in one or more training sessions offers opportunities to build essential skills through discussion and activities.
- Improves productivity: Learning what makes a cohesive team enables members to receive and provide support and motivation.
Teamwork in the Workplace
- Types of teams
- Team communication
- Team development
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Important team skills
Establishing a Cohesive Team
- The theory of group cohesion
- Team building to improve cohesion
- Building trust within a team
- Team and team member accountability
- Healthy conflict and safe environments
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses