- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 39
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Emotional Intelligence? - Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryWe've provided a helpful resource you can use to teach your supervisors about emotional intelligence in this engaging corporate training course. Made up of lessons, quizzes and tests, this course is always accessible on mobile device as well as computers.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Expert instructors created this corporate training course to teach supervisors how to understand emotional intelligence in the workplace. Individual, bite-sized lessons on subjects such as managing emotional needs at work, social awareness skills and developing emotional intelligence in employees are presented on a mobile-friendly online platform.
How It Works
Each chapter in this course is made up of lessons that explore emotional intelligence specifically as it applies to supervisors. The lessons can be studied in groups or on an individual basis.
The tools provided include:
- Short lessons on emotional intelligence for supervisors
- Self-assessment quizzes in a multiple-choice format
- Tests with each chapter for more comprehensive review
- A course test that evaluates understanding of the most important concepts from the course
How It Helps
- Provides assistance: Supervisors who are inexperienced or need more information about emotional intelligence will find this course helpful.
- Promotes team growth: Your leadership teams will learn how to manage relationships with employees and promote the growth of important emotional intelligence skills.
- Builds confidence: Leaders who know how to utilize emotional intelligence skills at work could have more balanced and effective work lives which could lead to increased confidence.
Supervisors who complete this course should be able to do the following:
- Discuss emotional intelligence as it relates to the brain
- Understand emotional intelligence for workplace leaders
- Management of emotions and emotional needs in the workplace
- Outline self-awareness, motivation and management
- Utilize social awareness skills required of supervisors
- Manage relationships between supervisors and their employees
- Develop employees' emotional intelligence
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Wellness Quizzes
- Personal Computer Training Programs and Courses
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Computer Applications Courses, Classes and Training Information
- Business Computer Applications Courses and Training Programs
- Online Accredited Computer Courses and Training Programs
- Online Computer Networking Courses and Training Information
- Online Computer Operation Course and Training Information
- Special Effects Make-Up Training Programs and Course Information
- Computer Science Quizzes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses