- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Emotions in Psychology: Definition, Biological Components & Survival
Course SummaryThis Emotional Intelligence: Help and Review course can help you get ready for an exam, complete a homework assignment or simply expand your emotional intelligence knowledge. The multiple-choice quizzes and chapter exams are a great way to assess your understanding of topics like self-awareness, social perception and the impact of stress.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material about emotional intelligence will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding emotions, self awareness, social perception, interpersonal communication, emotional management in the workplace, motivation, stress or any other emotional intelligence topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about emotional intelligence.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra psychology learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Emotional Intelligence final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is emotional contagion?
- Who are some of the leaders in emotional intelligence theory?
- How do your emotions influence your attitudes and your perception of yourself and others?
- How does being self-aware affect your ability as a communicator?
- What is social health?
- How do emotions vary in different cultures?
- How does tone differ from mood?
- What are some examples of non-verbal communication?
- How does emotional intelligence impact leadership?
- What is employee engagement?
- What are some of the common theories of motivation?
- How can motivation be used to empower employees and improve their performance?
- What is stress and what impact can it have on your health?
- What are some common stress disorders?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses