- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace: Definition & Meaning
Course SummaryThe use of emotional intelligence on the job is considered a top strategy for helping employees perform their best. This short video course can train your employees on the benefits of developing and managing emotional intelligence in your company. When they have completed the lessons they can test their comprehension using interactive quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The video lessons in this course are designed to enhance your workplace by teaching employees how to effectively develop and manage emotional intelligence. Chapters teach strategies for creating an environment that fosters emotional intelligence and share the reasons organizations benefit from its use. Management can use the lessons to help them learn how to measure emotional intelligence and determine its impacts on work performance. Each lesson offers a self-assessment quiz you can use to gauge employees' comprehension of the materials. Any questions you have about the chapters can be submitted to instructors who are ready to assist.
How It Works
The lessons are short, averaging about five minutes apiece. Videos can be watched in any sequence and feature timelines with clickable links that allow employees to visit individual topics within the lessons. This can help you tailor your corporate training sessions to specific audiences.
Some of the training features you can utilize in this course include:
- Engaging video lessons that closely examine emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Full text transcripts for employees to review emotional intelligence following a training session
- Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam that reinforce emotional intelligence concepts
- Mobile features that allow employees to watch lessons on their smartphones or tablets
How It Helps
- Improves employee performance: The lessons help managers utilize emotional intelligence to encourage employees to perform their best, while helping employees use the lessons to better manage their interactions with customers and clients.
- Enhances workplace relationships: Employees learn to effectively utilize emotional intelligence to communicate with coworkers and collaborate successfully as teams, enhancing their relationships in the workplace.
- Strengthens management techniques: Managers learn techniques for measuring emotional intelligence and avoiding related issues to ensure they can get the best out of employees at all times.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence at Work||Learn the definition of emotional intelligence in the workplace, Goleman's Domains of Leadership, and ways to promote emotional intelligence on the job.|
|Benefits of Emotional Intelligence for Organizations||Examine ways to improve emotional intelligence at work and use it in leadership, while exploring the benefits of team emotional intelligence and ways emotional intelligence helps businesses succeed.|
|Managing Emotional Intelligence at Work||Identify tools and benefits for measuring emotional intelligence, challenges of using emotional intelligence, and ways IQ and emotional intelligence can impact work performance.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Web Design College Top School for Becoming a Professional Web Designer - Miami FL
- Pastry Arts Top Culinary School for Becoming a Pastry Chef - Philadelphia PA
- Top School for a Networking Degree - Kansas City MO
- Visual Communications Degree in Connecticut
- Floral Designer Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Floral Design
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses