- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 243
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1J.K. Rowling's Biography: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryIn this course, your students can study the major components of literature and the rules of English language arts. Featuring short lessons and assessments, the course is designed to help students catch up in class, get extra homework help, bring up their grades and study for exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In addition to learning about English language arts (ELA) rules, this course also covers some genres of literature. Not only do the chapters of this course include short lessons that will get your students engaged in their own learning, they also include lesson transcripts that will help students reinforce their understanding of ELA rules, and short lesson quizzes that you may use to assess your students' understanding of the material.
How It Works
- The course will feature chapters on topics including grammar, reading comprehension, and the writing process.
- Chapters led by expert instructors will detail significant authors, books, poems, and other elements of literature specifically on an elementary school level.
- Once students complete a lesson, they may improve upon their understanding of the material by reading the lesson transcripts.
- After students have taken a lesson quiz, use the results from the assessment to identify topics your student may need to review in the future.
- Some lessons come with links that will help you direct your students to the parts of the lessons that explained the material they may be stuck on.
- The teacher tabs of the lessons will allow you and your students to ask our professional instructors any questions you may come up with regarding the lessons.
- Each chapter comes with a practice chapter exam for an additional assessment of your students' comprehension of the material once they've completed the chapter's lessons and quizzes.
Using the Course
This course was designed with the intention of providing students who may need additional educational resources a way to study material on ELA that is time efficient and interactive. Parents and teachers who take advantage of these lessons will find them to be an effective and versatile way to help their students get ahead in ELA classes.
Parents and teachers will find that these the lessons are helpful when:
- Helping students complete ELA homework
- Preparing students for English language arts quizzes and exams
- Assisting students who have fallen behind in catching up in ELA classes
- Providing students who are struggling a way improve their understanding of English language arts
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- Medical Courses and Classes for Undergraduate Students
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses