- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Agile Organizations: Characteristics & Examples
Course SummaryIntroduce your management staff to the world of Agile organization and methodology with this fun and fast-paced corporate training course. Chapter by chapter, employees will learn and practice the fundamentals of Enterprise Agility and see what it takes to implement this system into the workplace.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
While Agile was originally conceived as an approach to software development, many different industries and organizations are now embracing this methodology as a means of improving workplace efficiency. In this training course, management employees will not only learn what defines and characterizes an Agile system, but how it can work for a company or team. Each chapter thoroughly explains a different aspect of the Agile system through quick, topic-based lessons. The included lesson and chapter quizzes may be used for further training and review.
How It Works
Whether this course is being used for individual study or an organization-wide training session, its self-paced design and 24/7, 100% online accessibility means it can fit any schedule.
This course also features:
- Easy to follow chapters that guide learners through major Agile-related topics, step by step
- Detailed information that provides a solid and practical education, featuring definitions, examples, process overviews, metrics, methods and more
- Active lesson objectives that encourage employees to apply what they have learned to real-life situations
- Quizzes and exams that may be used to ensure retention and understanding of the material, as well as a refresher in future training exercises
How It Helps
- Introduces the basics: Agile organization may seem a little complicated at first; for those who are unsure what it entails or how it is beneficial, this course lays out the fundamentals and explains them thoroughly.
- Encourages change: After receiving a complete, working introduction to the Agile system, workplace leaders will be ready to implement these processes into their own team or organization.
- Promotes leadership: An effective leader is the hallmark of a high-performing Agile team; employees will learn how to demonstrate the qualities that make this possible.
- Improves teamwork: This course will introduce management staff to many different ways they can alter the culture of their organization to one that encourages shared learning and participation.
Upon completion of this course, employees should be able to:
- Describe the key characteristics, models and features of Agile organizations
- Understand and implement Scrum management and conduct Scrum meetings
- Identify the ''Agile Leader'' and describe the qualities this leader should hold
- Define and ask high-performance questions
- Describe different Agile team metrics and understand how and why they are used
- Identify the Agile Learner and describe learning organizations
- Explain and implement lean project management and its various processes
- Recognize the many barriers to workplace efficiency and describe ways of overcoming them
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Organizational Management Courses and Training Programs
- Fast-Paced Jobs
- Agile Project Manager Role: Certification & Training
- Enterprise Asset Management Education and Training Programs
- Distance Learning Training Courses in Industrial Management
- Distance Learning Training in IT Project Management with Course Info
- Learn Personal Financial Management with a Scholarship to Study.com for Guardian Employees
- Master of Enterprise Systems Management: Degree Overview
- Learn French Translation: Course and Training Program Information
- Learn Precision Carpentry: Course and Training Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses