- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Organizational Behavior? - Definition and History of the Field
Course SummaryUse these lessons and short quizzes to help your management team understand what is meant by organizational behavior and how it influences a business. Your can develop a training program using these enjoyable lessons to promote knowledge among your managers.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Understanding why your organization's employees behave the way they do can improve your business in numerous ways, including lowering the employee turnover rate and creating more useful training programs. The lessons and quizzes in this corporate training course cover individual and group behaviors in an organization.
How It Works
Your employees can study these brief lessons, averaging around 5 minutes apiece, as their schedules permit through computers or mobile devices. They can study on their own but, if you set up group training sessions, they'll benefit from being able to discuss the videos and the quizzes that accompany them.
Useful features in this course include:
- Entertaining video lessons taught by expert instructors
- Video tags in the lessons that make it easy to return to key topics for review
- Multiple-choice quizzes that let your employees review their knowledge and discuss important ideas from the lessons
- A chapter exam that looks at theories of organizational behavior
- A chapter exam covering influences on organizational behavior
- A final exam that offers an assessment of all the material covered in this course
How It Helps
- Builds employee satisfaction: These lessons look at factors that can influence workplace satisfaction, such as treating the employees as individuals and improving training. Satisfied employees are less likely to leave a company and are more productive.
- Develops introspection: By reviewing information on the theory of attribution, your employees may discover why they view certain situations or people in a particular manner. This insight can help them adapt their behavior to a more suitable reaction.
- Promotes communication: Studying these lessons together and then discussing organizational behavior can build relationships among your management team.
Understanding Organizational Behavior
- Definition and history of organizational behavior
- Behavioral sciences that influence organizational behavior
- How the human relations movement has changed organizational behavior
- How the contingency theory relates to organizational behavior
- Methods of analyzing employees' behavior
Influences on Organizational Behavior
- Factors that can impact an individual's workplace behavior
- Factors that can impact a group's behavior in the workplace
- Emotions and what they say about a workplace
- Three aspects of workplace attitudes
- Attribution theory and what it means
- External factors that impact organizational behavior
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Organizational Behavior Quizzes
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Organizational Behavior Management Education and Training Program Info
- Organizational Behavior Training Programs and Requirements
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Business Quizzes
- Organizational Management Courses and Training Programs
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- International Business Quizzes
- List of Free Online Management Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses