- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Importance of Employer & Employee Expectations
Course SummaryLet us help you train your company's managers on methods of establishing and enforcing expectations for their employees. These lessons and quizzes provide techniques to improve performance evaluations and provide ongoing feedback.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Establishing expectations for your employees and making sure they understand what is expected of them are key to corporate success. This course looks at how to devise written policies, communicate expectations and evaluate employee performance. You can use the short quizzes that accompany each lesson during corporate training sessions to make sure your managers understand the topics discussed in this chapter.
How It Works
Each chapter is made up of several video lessons, each lasting about five minutes. You can set up group corporate training sessions, which allow your managers to discuss the lesson topics, or let your managers watch the lessons on their own. Lessons are available at all times on a mobile device or computer.
This course's training features include:
- Engaging lessons taught by expert instructors
- Video tags that make it easy to find key points in the lessons
- Lesson quizzes that allow your managers to test their learning
- A chapter test on the importance of employee expectations and ways to influence employee behavior
- A chapter test covering setting employee expectations and communicating expectations
- A final exam that reviews all the material this chapter covers
How It Helps
- Sets employee expectations: These videos explain how managers can involve employees in establishing performance standards and expectations, honestly discussing problems and solutions.
- Helps develop company standards: Studying these lessons will show your managers how to establish company policies, giving both managers and employees a clear idea of acceptable standards and behaviors.
- Improves communication: Your managers will study techniques to effectively communicate the company's expectations to employees which can help them learn to provide honest feedback in their performance appraisals.
Setting Clear Employee Expectations
- Employer and employee expectations
- Establishing performance standards
- The Pygmalion Effect
- Common mistakes in establishing employee expectations
Managing Employee Expectations
- What company handbooks should contain
- Communication about expectations
- Performance appraisals
- Consistent feedback
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- Online Training & Performance Improvement Degree Program Info
- Masters in Training and Performance Improvement: Degree Info
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Degrees in Training and Performance Improvement: Program Overviews
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- How to Motivate Your Employees After Performance Reviews
- Principals Could Face Performance Evaluations
- Studying Abroad Linked to Improved Academic Performance
- Personal Trainer Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses