- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 52
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Renaissance Timeline: Events Overview
Course SummaryThis European History Study Guide course offers a quick and easy way to review major cultural, political and economic events in European history. Reference this course to supplement your history class studies, prepare for exams, complete a project or help with homework assignments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing European history material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding Europe during the Renaissance, Reformation, Industrial Revolution, World Wars I and II, or any other European history topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn European history.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra history learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the European History Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What was the culture during the Renaissance?
- How did the Medici family influence the world?
- Who was Martin Luther and what were the 95 Theses?
- When did the parliamentary system originate?
- Who were key figures of the Protestant Reformation?
- What were some of the major events of the Scientific Revolution?
- Who was Napoleon Bonaparte and how did he rise to power?
- What was the history of the French Revolution?
- What were the effects of colonialism across Europe?
- What caused the first world war?
- When did major events of World War II occur?
- How did the fall of the Soviet Union impact the world?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- AP European History: Summary of Coursework
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Flashcards - Portions of the AP European History Exam
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Graduate History Classes and Courses Overview
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- Study Australian History: Degree Program and Course Information
- Study Civil Rights History: Course and Program Overviews
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- European Studies Major: Information and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses