- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 74
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the Conference & Event Sector?
Course SummaryStudy event, conference and meeting management with this convenient online course. This course can help you quickly study event planning on your own schedule so you can pass upcoming tests, supplement your industry knowledge, earn college credit and much more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About the Course
Study this course to learn the basics of event, conference and meeting management. This course contains bite-sized lessons that cover topics related to event planning, management, food services, event contracts, budgeting, marketing and much more. These resources can be used to learn more about event and conference planning. Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exam to help you solidify your understanding of the material in preparation for a credit-granting exam. The course is available 24/7 on any device that has an Internet connection, so you can study when it suits your schedule and learn at your own pace.
|Event & Conference Planning Overview||Examine the history, sectors and current trends in the event and conference industry.|
|Managing Events & Conferences||Learn about the different aspects of management in event/meeting planning agencies, including financial management, human resource management, quality assurance and crisis management.|
|Coordinating an Event||Discover the different activities and considerations that event planners must make when coordinating an event, such as the event's goals, timeline, budget, booking, accommodations and legal matters.|
|Food Services for Conferences & Events||Identify types of catering and banquet services for conferences and events. Summarize current banquet catering service trends.|
|Contract & Proposal Management for Events||Study the key elements of contracts and proposals, including letters of agreement, informal vs. formal contracts, cancellation policies and more.|
|Creating an Operating Budget for Events||Learn about budgeting components and considerations. Define budgeting concepts such as the master budget, cost overruns, the accounting equation and a budgeted income statement.|
|Event Marketing & Promotions||Examine marketing/promotional planning strategies and considerations, including direct marketing, marketing budgets and integrated marketing communication.|
|Leveraging Technology for Event Marketing||Learn how technology can be used to help with marketing events. Evaluate the purposes of social media marketing and video marketing materials.|
|Event Planning Skills||Recognize the characteristics and skills of successful event planners. Examine effective communication, time management, interpersonal and soft skills.|
|Hiring Staff & Team Building for Events||Learn how event planners go about hiring staff and volunteers for events and conferences. Break down the steps of the overall hiring process and understand the importance of team building.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Event Management Courses and Classes
- Online Event Planning Courses and Classes Overview
- How Often Should You Study for Online College Courses?
- Home Study Courses: Overview of Online College Courses and Programs
- Event Management Courses and Classes Overview
- 10 Colleges and Universities with Free Online Liberal Studies Courses
- Event Planning Courses and Training Programs
- What Are Some Online Courses that I Can Take for College Credit?
- How Many Credits Is an Online College Course?
- What Are Online College Courses?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses