- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Origin of Life on Earth: Theories and Explanations
Course SummaryLearn something new about evolution or catch up in your science classes with our Evolution 101 introductory course. Professionally-designed video and text lessons outline key topics, while multiple-choice quizzes can be used as a great test prep exercise or to help you check your comprehension.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Learn about the history of evolution and the origins of life on this planet, then discover more detailed topics such as DNA, natural selection and the Hardy Weinberg equilibrium model through Evolution 101: Intro to Evolution. Knowledgeable instructors have created informative video lessons paired with short quizzes to test your comprehension of key topics relating to evolution.
|History & Theory of Evolution||Learn about the history and basic elements of evolutionary theory starting with the history and origin of life, the basic theory of evolution, random mutation and genetic variability.|
|Evolution of Life on Earth||Discover the process of evolution among different lifeforms. Take a look at methods of evolution classification, such as cladograms and phylogenetic trees.|
|Evolution Models of Human Origins||Explore the evolution of human beings. Learn about different evolutionary models explaining human origins.|
|Overview of DNA||Examine basic information concerning DNA, including the structure of chromosomes, replication and genomic DNA analysis.|
|Artificial & Natural Selection Theory of Evolution||Get to know Charles Darwin and the theories of natural and artificial selection.|
|The Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium Model||Learn details regarding the Hardy Weinberg model.|
|Speciation & Speciation Barriers||Find out about speciation and its corresponding barriers.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Exercise Science Courses, Classes, and Coursework Overview
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Kitchen Design Courses and Classes
- Car Design Courses and Classes
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Professional Photography Courses and Classes Overview
- Learn to Draw People: Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses