- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Origin of Life on Earth: Theories and Explanations
Course SummaryThis Evolution Study Guide course is the simplest way to master evolution. This course teaches all the essential evolution topics in a simple and fun video format and can help you prepare for exams or complete homework assignments or research projects.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding evolution material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding random mutation, genetic variability, punctuated equilibrium, the structure of chromosomes, or any other evolution topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn science.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the final exam on evolution to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility:Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How is evolutionary change defined?
- What are eubacteria and archaebacteria?
- What is the evolutionary history of humans?
- How do I explain the human fossil record?
- What is the theory of evolution?
- What are the hereditary molecule and double-helix structure?
- What were the works of Charles Darwin?
- What is the Hardy Weinberg equilibrium model?
- How are prezygotic and postzygotic barriers defined?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses