- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 89
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Comparing & Ordering Rational Numbers
Course SummaryIf you use the Explorations in Core Math textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important math concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the math lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the Explorations in Core Math textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You'll learn about math concepts faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Explorations in Core Math Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the math topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson .
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Explorations in Core Math fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like solving multi-step equations and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the math topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Comparing, ordering and working with rational numbers
- Graphing in the coordinate plane, ordered pairs and functions
- Scientific notation, roots and exponents
- Calculating ratios, rates and proportions
- Understanding lines, angles, points and segments
- Measuring plane and solid figures
- Simplifying and solving multi-step equations
- Finding slope-intercept and graphing linear equations
- Building scatterplots, understanding linear regression and more
Explorations in Core Math is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- Math Courses Online: Distance Learning College Math Programs
- Online Graduate Math Courses Overview
- What Are Some Schools that Offer Online Math Courses?
- What Are Some Colleges that Offer Online Math Courses?
- Math Lesson Plans
- Online College Math Course Descriptions and Requirements
- Schools with Online Accredited Math Courses: How to Choose
- What Are Some Schools that Offer Online Math Courses for Credit?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses