- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Fahrenheit 451: Summary, Characters & Themes
Course SummaryStudy the literary elements of Ray Bradbury's ''Fahrenheit 451'' with this convenient online study guide course. The course's simple lessons and self-assessment quizzes are designed to help you improve your understanding of the novel for essays, upcoming exams and homework assignments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing Fahrenheit 451 quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about Fahrenheit 451
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important details of Fahrenheit 451 in your English class
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Fahrenheit 451 final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Historical and literary context in which Fahrenheit 451 was written
- Literary criticism and analysis of the novel
- Dystopian characteristics
- Overview of the characters in Fahrenheit 451
- Role of the setting in the story
- Plot summaries of the first three parts of Fahrenheit 451
- Analysis of the novel's climax
- Interpretation of the story ending
- Significant quotes from Fahrenheit 451
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Novel and Essay Writing Courses and Classes
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Online Class in Cybercrime Studies with Course Descriptions
- Online Courses in International Studies with School Info
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Home Study Courses: Overview of Online College Courses and Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses