- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Donato Bramante: Biography & Works
Course SummaryTake a look at this famous architects study guide course to review the most important architects throughout history. The course offers you a quick way to improve your understanding of significant architects, and it can help you prepare for a test, catch up in class and boost your grades.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Study history's most famous architects with this comprehensive online course. Inside, you'll find a collection of engaging and expertly taught lessons that examine significant architects from the 15th century through the 20th century. You'll learn about their lives, architectural styles, structures and much more. In addition to the lessons, the course includes interactive self-assessment quizzes to help you reinforce your knowledge of famous architects. Work through the course at your own pace, and submit questions to our instructors if you have any. The course is also accessible on any Internet-connected device, which allows you to study famous architects wherever and whenever it's convenient.
This course is useful for students, teachers, aspiring architects and independent learners.
- Students can use the course as a convenient textbook supplement, test prep resource or homework help tool.
- Aspiring architects can work through the course to gain an understanding of architecture history as well as the most important contributors and innovators in the field.
- Teachers who are looking to supplement their architecture instruction can easily incorporate the course material in the classroom.
- Independent learners can learn interesting facts about famous architects on any computer or mobile device.
- Architects of the 15th-18th centuries
- Famous 19th and 20th-century architects from Spain
- 19th-century American and English architects
- Important architects of the 19th century
- American and French architects of the 20th century
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- Other famous architects and designers
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Architect Classes and Courses Overview
- Landscape Architect Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Architect Courses and Classes Overview
- How to Become a Lead Architect: Career Guide
- Architect: Educational Requirements for Architects
- Golf Course Architect: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Alternative Careers for Architects
- Architect Vs. Contractor
- How to Become an Application Security Architect
- How Much Does an Architect Get Paid?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses