- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 281
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Course SummaryCatch up on financial accounting topics you're struggling with in this interactive Financial Accounting: Help and Review course. Use these short video lessons to review the topics that need extra attention and then test yourself with our multiple-choice quizzes and chapter tests.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - External Environmental Changes Drive the Need for Risk Management||Take Quiz|
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college financial accounting will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the accounting cycle, adjusting accounts, financial statements, internal controls, inventory and merchandising operations or any other financial accounting topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn financial accounting.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Financial Accounting final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is the purpose of accounting?
- Why are financial statements important in accounting?
- How is the accounting equation used?
- What takes place during the accounting cycle?
- What are internal accounting controls?
- How are accounts and financial statements prepared and adjusted?
- What accounting methods are used to manage inventories?
- What are the different types of bonds, and how are they issued?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Financial Management MBA: Courses & Topics
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Financial Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Financial Accounting Certification Programs
- Schools for Financial Accounting: How to Choose
- Financial Accounting Certification Online
- Financial Accounting Degree Programs in Minnesota with Course Info
- List of Free Financial Accounting Courses and Training Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses