- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 82
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Course SummaryTeach your students the important topics in financial accounting with this flexible, mobile-friendly textbook replacement course. As an alternative to traditional textbooks, our video and text lessons act as a comprehensive learning resource your students can access on any mobile device at any time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches financial accounting can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most accounting textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like financial statements, internal controls, earnings management and bank reconciliation are perfect for briefly introducing a financial accounting topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional accounting textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework. *In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of inventory cost, merchandising operations and accounts receivable. Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online financial accounting textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our financial accounting textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring investment management, costing methods and other financial accounting topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like income taxes easy to understand.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of financial accounting as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online financial accounting textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in financial accounting class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings financial accounting lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb financial accounting theories and procedures.
- Identify the financial accounting topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging financial accounting video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like equity analysis, bond financing and financial statement analysis.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any financial accounting topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our financial accounting course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about debt-related financial ratios and contingent liabilities.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in financial accounting, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this financial accounting course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a financial accounting concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Fundamental principles and practices of accounting
- Creating and interpreting financial statements
- The accounting equation, transactions, and records
- Financial statement adjustments and document preparation
- Internal safeguards and accounting controls
- Inventory, merchandising, and accounting for sales
- Accounts receivable, revenue, and uncollectible accounts
- Accounting for operating expenses
- Projecting long-term goals and developing assets
- Liabilities for short and long-term accounting
- Equity analysis and reporting
- Monitoring cash flows and recording statements
- Reviewing and double-checking financial statements
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- How Mobile Apps and Devices Impact Teaching and Learning: EduMOOC 2011
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Essential Mobile Apps for Online College Students
- 20 Must-Have Mobile Apps for New College Students
- Financial Aid for Non-Traditional Students: How to Find Aid
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Top School for Medical Assisting - Louisville KY
- Accounting Technology Career Training in Liverpool, NY
- Pharmacy Technician Top Rated Pharmacy Technician Career Education Program - Charlotte NC
- Baking and Pastry Top Rated Culinary School for Becoming a Pastry Chef - Pittsburgh PA
- Top University with a Criminal Justice Degree - Cincinnati OH
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses