- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 124
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Course SummaryIncrease your confidence in financial accounting topics using the video lessons and quizzes in this Financial Accounting: Tutoring Solution course. These learning tools are accessible to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you study for an exam, catch up on homework or prepare for a test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other financial accounting work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn financial accounting material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding balance sheets, income statements, the accounting cycle, assets, liabilities, equity or any other financial accounting topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their accounting learning
- Prefer learning accounting visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing financial accounting
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in financial accounting
- Don't have access to their accounting teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning financial accounting simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live accounting tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn financial accounting on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define the purpose of accounting.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of financial statements.
- Learn how to use the accounting equation.
- Explain the importance of periodic reporting.
- Identify internal controls in accounting.
- Understand how to determine inventory costs.
- Describe the processes employed in accounts receivables.
- Discuss what it means to complete the operating cycle in accounting.
- Define long-term operating assets and current and long-term liabilities.
- Compare and contrast loans and equity investments.
- Explain how to analyze cash flow statements.
- Understand how to analyze financial statements.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Financial Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Schools for Financial Accounting: How to Choose
- Financial Accounting Certification Programs
- Financial Accounting Degree Programs in Minnesota with Course Info
- List of Free Financial Accounting Courses and Training Resources
- Financial Accounting Certificate Programs in Houston
- Financial Accounting Degree and Certificate Programs
- Online Financial Accounting Certificate Programs
- Financial Accounting
- Career Information for a Degree in Financial Accounting
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses