- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 175
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive study guide to familiarize yourself with nursing roles, practices, care administration methods and more. This course is a great study tool you can use if you are preparing to take the Florida Prometric Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study guide helps you review all of the material you could expect to encounter when taking the Florida Prometric CNA exam. The lessons only take 5-10 minutes to review and can be accessed on any computer or mobile device. This self-paced study allows you to review this material when it's most convenient for you. You will cover all topics found on the exam, including:
- Nursing communication methods
- Emergency care procedures
- Patient assessment techniques
- Nurse aide roles
- Types of patient injuries and infections
- Infection control methods
- Patient safety
- Basic hygiene and nutrition
- Heatlh maintenance of skin and circulatory system
- Assistive devices and body mechanics
- Facts about hydration, bowel function and rest and sleep
- Personal care skills
- Physcal disabilities, degenerative diseases and mental health disorders
- Age-related changes and end of life care
About the Exam
The Florida Prometric CNA exam consists of written and clinical skills portions. The written portion of the computer-based exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. In the clinical portion, you will be tested on your ability to perform specific tasks, such as measuring a pulse or changing bed linens. Other test candidates will fill the role of patients during the clinical portion of this exam. You will have 90 minutes to complete the written test and between 31 and 40 minutes for the clinical portion, which is dependent of the types of tasks assigned to you. The written test is broken down into five sections: Role of the Nurse Aide; Promotion of Safety; Promotion of Function and Health of Residents; Basic Nursing Care Provided by the Nurse Aide; and Providing Specialized Care for Residents with Changes in Health.
Florida Prometric CNA Exam Preparation & Registration
This extensive study guide is designed to help you review all of the content you would find on the written portion of the Florida Prometric CNA exam. You'll study such topics as nurse aide roles and nursing processes, patient communication methods, illness or injuries, types of emergency situations and emergency care administered by nurses in clinical settings. You will gain a deeper insight into infection control procedures, patient hygiene, nursing techniques addressing skin and circulatory issues, and nutritional assessment and diet planning. In addition, you will find lessons focusing on types of mental health issues, physical and cognitive changes in aging, stages of dying and hospice care, pain management techniques and elimination problems and treatments. Short lessons offering engaging video formats, expert instruction and self-assessment quizzes can help you determine your readiness in taking this certification exam.
To register for the Florida Prometric CNA exam, simply go to the Prometric website, select Florida from among the listed states, create a login and download the application. Submit the completed application and payment of fees. You must also have a fingerprinted background check. Once your application is successfully reviewed, you will be sent an admission to test letter from Prometric. You will then select a testing date and location via the Prometric website.
The Florida Prometric CNA exam is designed and administered by Prometric, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Nurses Aide Course Descriptions
- Certified Nurses Aide: Nurses Aide Certification Program Overviews
- CNA Certification | Requirements to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Where to Go in Miami to Get Certified As a CNA Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Certified Nurses Aide Training Programs
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Salary
- Certified Nurse's Aide Courses in Monmouth County, NJ
- CNA - Overview of a Certified Nursing Assistant Career
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses