- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 50
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
Course SummaryReinforce your knowledge of real estate appraisal standards, terms and practices in the state of Florida using the lessons contained in this extensive study guide. This guide offers you a convenient and comprehensive way to study for the Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this course, you'll find video and text lessons that discuss various topics relating to appraisal processes, property valuation, land use and property appreciation/depreciation that you would need to know when pursuing real estate appraiser certification in Florida. You will have the chance to develop a better understanding of these and other relevant real estate appraisal terms and processes in preparation for the Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers. This study guide covers the following topics in detail:
- Appraisal terms relating to real and personal property, property valuation, inspection and market value
- Land use laws and regulations and property rights
- Property appraisal and site analysis methods
- Calculating property appreciation and depreciation
- Cost, income and sales comparison approaches to real estate valuation
- Mathematical calculations and formulas used in real estate appraising
- Appraisal standards and guidelines in Florida
About the Exam
The Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers is one of two exams that aspiring Florida real estate appraisers must pass in order to obtain professional certification for this profession. It is a computer-based exam with 40 multiple-choice questions covering Florida real estate laws and rules. Each question on the exam is worth one point; a total of 30 points must be earned a passing score. Candidates are allotted two hours to complete this exam.
Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers Preparation & Registration
This course provides a quick and easy way to review the topics you need to know to pass the Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers. Lessons cover such areas as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), math formulas used in appraisal calculations, definitions of appraisal terms and various approaches to property valuation, such as the cost, sales comparison and income approaches. You will also study zoning, building codes, federal land use regulations and property rights. Short but detailed lessons take just 10 minutes or less to review and are accessible at all times, from any device, so you can create a convenient study schedule. Self-assessment quizzes determine the depth of your knowledge and whether you are ready to take this professional appraiser certification exam.
Registration for this exam is completed through Pearson VUE. Exam candidates must first submit an application. Pearson will contact the candidate once their application is approved to schedule the exam. On the day of the exam, you must present two acceptable forms of ID in order to be admitted.
The Florida Supplemental Exam for Appraisers is administered by Pearson VUE, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Real Estate Appraisal Education Classes in Florida
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Become an Appraiser: Step-by-Step Guide
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Florida Appraisal Schools with Course Descriptions
- Studying 101: Guide to Studying in College
- Florida Education and State Information
- Miami Career Guide: Overview of Hot Careers in Miami, Florida
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses