- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Identifying & Analyzing Business Competitors
Course SummaryThis short corporate training course can help your staff understand how competitive analysis can support company goals and growth. These professionals can learn the methods and framework associated with competitive analysis, characteristics of the competitive market and how competition drives a business.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
The lessons in this course are organized into topical sections, each covering an essential component of competitive analysis. These lessons are short - about five minutes each - and provide working professionals with an in-depth study of the ways competitive analysis can benefit a company and step-by-step instructions for performing an analysis.
How It Works
These video lessons are designed with flexibility and convenience in mind, so marketing professionals in your organization can squeeze study time in between important meetings or watch videos on the go using a smartphone or tablet. Your employees can pick and choose the order they watch the lessons in, or they can start at the beginning and watch the lessons in order through the final video. Learners who prefer to read along will find transcripts that also highlight key terms and concepts.
This course is simple to use:
- Videos use real-world examples and engaging animations to illustrate competitive analysis methods and goals
- Video tags refer your employees back to main points in each video for further review
- Quick quizzes let marketing professionals gauge their comprehension of each topic before moving on to the next lesson
- Chapter exams test for mastery of critical concepts and methods
- You can use the final exam to verify your employees' readiness to apply these concepts at work
How It Helps
- Builds marketing strengths: Marketing professionals can use skills acquired in this course to influence competitor behavior and strengthen their company's position in the market.
- Enhances awareness: Knowing how to perform an analysis of competitors makes marketing professionals more aware of competitors' strategies and advantages, which can lead to greater business success for your organization.
- Improves decision-making abilities: Acquisition of a new set of analytical skills and methods can make the business decision-making process easier and more effective.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Competitor Identification & Analysis||Determine how competitors are defined and the reasons to analyze them. Outline the goals of competitor analysis and methods for creating a competitor profile.|
|Competitive Analysis Frameworks & Methods||Understand how SWOT analysis is used by managers and study Porter's framework for competitive analysis. Describe Porter's five forces and their importance in decision-making and competitive strategy.|
|Competitive Market & Environment||Identify characteristics of a competitive market and a competitive environment. Learn how competition affects business and what role it plays in a global business environment.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Most Competitive Careers
- Careers for Competitive People
- Competitive Intelligence Degree Programs
- Business Analysis Training Programs and Requirements
- Competitive Intelligence Analyst: Salary & Job Description
- Vertical Analysis Accounting Training Programs and Courses
- American Graduate Education: Are We Losing Our Competitive Edge in the Global Economy?
- System Analysis and Design Course and Training Program Info
- Obama Tackles Higher Education Standards: The Low Down on Keeping America Competitive
- Blood Analysis Distance Learning Courses and Classes
- Associates Degrees in Computer Science
- Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee WI
- Professional Chef Training Top Ranked Culinary Arts Program - Chicago Illinois
- Restaurant Management Top School with Restaurant and Catering Management Programs - San Francisco CA
- Top Degree Programs in Computer Science and Information Technology - Atlanta GA
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses