- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 97
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Mary Shelley: Writer of Frankenstein
Course SummaryThis ''Frankenstein'' Study Guide course provides you with a fast and effective way to learn more about this famous novel. The video lessons are each about five minutes long, and they're paired with practice quizzes to test and reinforce the information you've just learned. Combined they provide an excellent way to study for an exam, prepare for class or get help with an assignment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing Frankenstein material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about the story Frankenstein
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your English literature class
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Frankenstein Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Historical and literary background of Frankenstein
- Analyses of various literary aspects of the novel including pertinent themes
- How different literary devices are utilized by Mary Shelley throughout Frankenstein
- Each of the major and minor characters and setting of the story
- Detailed synopsis of Frankenstein chapter by chapter
- Review of important quotes from Frankenstein broken down by character and theme
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- College Lessons Learned Outside the Classroom
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Study and Groove: 10 Free Ways to Listen to Music While Studying
- The Proven Best Way to Make Good Study Habits
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses