- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 19
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The French Revolution: Timeline & Major Events
Course SummaryThis French Revolution Study Guide course is the simplest way to master the French Revolution. Use video lessons and interactive quizzes to quickly review the most important topics of the French Revolution. When you have completed this course you will be better prepared for your world history class or exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from the French Revolution will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the Revolution's causes, key figures, major events and impact, or any other French Revolution topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about the French Revolution.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra history learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the French Revolution final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What were the causes of the French Revolution?
- What were the phases of the French Revolution?
- What impact did the National Assembly of France have on the country?
- How did Europe respond to the French Revolution?
- Why did the Bastille represent tyranny to Parisians?
- What were the consequences of France's Reign of Terror?
- Why was Marie Antoinette executed by French leaders?
- What caused the fall of the French monarchy?
- How did Napoleon Bonaparte come to power and expand France?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- French Classes and Courses Overview
- Learn About the French Revolution As France Celebrates Bastille Day
- Online French College Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Learn French Translation: Course and Training Program Information
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Online Courses in World History
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses