- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 134
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Physical Education? - Definition & Overview
This course can be found in: FTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ FTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThose aspiring to become physical education teachers in the state of Florida must first pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Physical Education K-12 exam. You can use this extensive study guide to prepare to answer exam questions about instructional strategies, assessment methods, fitness and other topics you will be required to know.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related FTCE Courses
About this Course
This course is designed to address various knowledge areas you can expect to encounter on the FTCE Physical Education K-12 exam, such as sports, nutrition, motor skills, exercise physiology, curriculum design and learning environments. This course offers a quick and convenient way you can learn or re-learn the details of each topic. The video and text lessons are easy to access from any device and are available 24/7, so you can study when it's best for you. Track your progress on your Dashboard and go over any lesson as many times as needed for full comprehension.
Check out our FTCE Preparation resources! We've got FTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive FTCE study guides to help you study, FTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and FTCE informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Everything you need to know for the FFTCE Physical Education K-12 exam is right at your fingertips when you refer to this course. Once you complete all the lessons, quizzes and exams, you should be able to answer questions on creating physical education curriculum, motivating and assessing students, the benefits of physical activity and wellness behaviors. Other objectives you will have mastered include:
- Detailing goals and trends in physical education
- Understanding physical education teaching standards and communication methods
- Using resources for teacher support and development
- Relating human growth and the development of motor skills
- Describing principles of exercise physiology and nutrition
- Discussing sports performance and skills development
- Applying various technologies in teaching physical education
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course contains 15 individual chapters broken down into 117 lessons in text and video formats. All lessons are accessible 24/7 and instructors can be reached with any questions via an online contact form.
FTCE Physical Education 6-12 Exam Information
Florida physical education teachers cannot work with students until they achieve certification in this subject area. This course will help you pass this required FTCE Physical Education 6-12 exam.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $200
FTCE Physical Education 6-12 Exam Breakdown
|FTCE Physical Education 6-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the FTCE Physical Education 6-12 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Knowledge of the history and philosophy of physical education||3%||3 questions||7|
|Knowledge of standards-based physical education curriculum development||10%||12 questions||12|
|Knowledge of developmentally appropriate physical education instructional strategies||13%||11 questions||12|
|Knowledge of human growth and development and motor learning as they relate to physical education||8%||9 questions||6|
|Knowledge of developmentally appropriate movement skills and concepts related to physical education||12%||14 questions||9|
|Knowledge of lifetime health, wellness and physical activity||12%||14 questions||35|
|Knowledge of cognitive, social, and emotional development through physical education and physical activity||7%||8 questions||8|
|Knowledge of various types of assessment strategies that can be used to determine student levels and needs in physical education||10%||12 questions||10|
|Knowledge of strategies that promote an effective learning environment||7%||8 questions||5|
|Knowledge of laws, legislation, and liabilities that pertain to physical education||4%||4 questions||2|
|Knowledge of appropriate safety considerations, rules, strategies, and terminology related to physical education and a variety of physical activities||5%||6 questions||6|
|Knowledge of professional ethics, advocacy and development||4%||4 questions||6|
|Knowledge of the appropriate use of technology as related to physical education||5%||6 questions||5|
FTCE Physical Education Exam Preparation & Registration
The lessons in this course help to prepare you for the questions you will encounter in each of the competency areas of the FTCE Physical Education K-12 exam. You will review material addressing physical education instructional design, exercise programs, learning styles, fitness testing, student performance assessments, organizational sports and professional development resources for physical education teachers. Printable self-assessment worksheets assist in your preparation for taking this FTCE exam.
To register for this or any other FTCE exam, you must first create an account on the FTCE website. By creating an account, you will be able to input your personal information, select a testing time and location, and pay registration fees. You will receive an admission ticket by email once you have completed the registration process, which you must present on the day of your exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Maine
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Virginia
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Massachusetts
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- New York Physical Education Teacher Certification
- Physical Education & Gym Teacher Certification in Connecticut
- Physical Education Teacher: How to Become a P.E. Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher Education Requirements
- Florida Education and State Information
- Career Information for a Degree in Corrections Probation and Parole
- Top Ten Universities for Broadcasting Communications
- Software Quality Assurance Education and Training Program Info
- Online Organizational Development Certification and Diploma Programs
- Computer Engineering Degree Program Information by Level
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses