- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 188
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Child Development? - Definition, Theories & Stages
This course can be found in: FTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ FTCE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryCheck out this convenient online test prep course to prepare yourself for the FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 exam. The course's short lessons and quizzes help you quickly review all of the preschool education concepts you could encounter and ensure you have the knowledge needed to succeed on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
19 chapters in FTCE Preschool Education Birth-Age 4 (007): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related FTCE Courses
About this FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam Study Guide
If you're planning to take the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 exam, use this comprehensive course to become fully prepared. These concise lessons cover foundational concepts pertaining to early childhood development and education. Topics covered include emergent and early literacy, learning environments for early childhood, atypical childhood development and early childhood curriculum. Self-assessment quizzes and exams are available to confirm you have a quality understanding of concepts you could see on the day of the exam.
Check out our FTCE Preparation resources! We've got FTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive FTCE study guides to help you study, FTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and FTCE informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 exam, covering all the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Typical and Atypical Early Childhood Development
- Differentiate between and describe typical and atypical early childhood development
- Evaluate the major influences on child development
- Recognize risk factors that cause developmental delays or disabilities
Early Childhood Foundations, Standards, and Professional Practices
- Know theorists and theories of child development
- Understand policies and laws for early childhood care and education
- Identify organizations and publications related to early childhood education and intervention
Issues and Practices for Engaging Culturally Diverse Families and Communities
- Make use of cultural strategies and resources for equitable practices
- Recognize strategies for working with diverse family structures
- Analyze issues that may limit family access to care and that impact community engagement
Curriculum and Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Understand and apply different curriculum models
- Apply knowledge of technology to support early education
- Share practices to support early literacy, language and communication for all children
- Utilize strategies that support critical thinking and problem solving skills
Developmentally Appropriate Learning Environments
- Understand how to use indoor and outdoor space to support child development
- Create learning and play spaces that provide for cultural and intellectual diversity
- Construct schedules and routines for all learners
Guidance and Support
- Recognize factors which determine a child's response to people, events and situations
- Respond to children's behavior using developmental and culturally appropriate methods
- Apply a variety of strategies to support self-regulation and social behavior in young children
Children with Exceptionalities and Special Considerations
- List early intervention services for varying disabilities
- Explain the Individuals with Disabilities Act
- Identify causes and characteristics of different disabilities
- Apply inclusion practices, adapt curriculum and create an IEP
Screening, Assessment and Evaluation
- Know types and purposes of varying assessments and
- Use data to guide instruction and for evaluation of teaching effectiveness
Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- Know symptoms of common childhood diseases
- Apply precautions for prevention and safety
- Recognize and report child abuse and neglect
FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam Course Format
This course consists of 18 chapters and 171 lessons, all of which are available any time to help build your knowledge of concepts covered on the FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 exam. Access these lessons at your convenience and take the accompanying quizzes to check your comprehension.
FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $150
FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Typical and atypical early childhood development||11%||13|
|Early childhood foundations, standards, and professional practices||10%||12|
|Issues and practices for engaging culturally diverse families and communities||12%||14|
|Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practice||15%||18|
|Developmentally appropriate learning environments||10%||12|
|Developmentally appropriate guidance||12%||14|
|Children with exceptionalities and special considerations||10%||12|
|Screening, assessment, and evaluation||10%||12|
|Health, safety, and nutrition||10%||12|
Registration and Preparation for the FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 Exam
You can register for the exam 24/7 through the official FTCE website. After creating an account and selecting the appropriate exam, you'll be able to choose your nearest testing center and select the next available exam date. The website also requires you to pay the testing fees and review the FTCE testing policies.
This course can be accessed any time that fits your schedule, and you can study on any computer or mobile device. As you progress through the chapters, you'll review short and entertaining early childhood education lessons. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you check your understanding of important instructional terms and concepts. You can print the included lesson transcripts to study offline, and our expert instructors are happy to answer your questions. When you're finished with the lessons, take the final exam to make sure you're ready for the FTCE Preschool Education test.
For more information on registering and preparing for the FTCE Preschool Education Birth - Age 4 exam, check out our FTCE Informational Resources.
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Bachelors Degree Programs in Preschool Education
- How to Become a Preschool Teacher Online
- Preschool Education Director: Career Info and Requirements
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications: Education and Career Roadmap
- Preschool Teacher Training and Career Education Programs
- Need Help Choosing a Preschool for Your Kid with ADHD?
- Online Courses for Preschool Teachers: Course and Class Descriptions
- My Journey From Early Childhood Education Certificate to Preschool Teacher
- Free Online Courses and Education
- Online Schools for Becoming a Preschool Teacher: How to Choose
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses