- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1FTCE Professional Education Test: Passing Score
This course can be found in: FTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ FTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive guide will help you better understand curriculum planning, professional development strategies and other related topics as you prepare for the FTCE Professional Education test. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in FTCE Professional Education Test (083): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related FTCE Courses
About this Course
This study guide is designed to cover all of the aspects of teaching you would need to know as a Florida educator and help you prepare for the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) Professional Education test. The chapters comprising this course cover instructional design and planning, learning environments, instructional delivery, assessment strategies, professional development, code of ethics and conduct for Florida teachers, ELL teaching strategies and literacy teaching strategies. Lessons offer video and text formats that can be accessed at any time so you can conveniently fit study time into any schedule. Take self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to check your understanding of each topic as you progress through the course.
Check out our FTCE Preparation resources! We've got FTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive FTCE study guides to help you study, FTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and FTCE informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
By using this course, you will develop the ability to detail instructional and learning strategies, understand how to engage students, create effective learning environments and provide information about educator ethics. You will also be able to:
- Demonstrate curriculum planning and instructional design
- Apply effective classroom management techniques
- Discuss instructional delivery and facilitation
- Assess student learning effectively
- Outline professional development for educators
- Identify the professional conduct and ethics required of Florida educators
- Teach ELL in Florida classrooms
- Utilize literacy strategies across content areas
This course contains 8 individual chapters broken down into 91 lessons in text and video formats. Lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device, and lesson transcripts are printable so you can generate offine study materials.
FTCE Professional Education Test Exam Information
All public school teachers in Florida must take and pass the FTCE Professional Education test to obtain the necessary certification to begin instructing in the classroom. Since it is imperative that this exam be passed, it is important to use a study tool like this course to ensure that you fully understand all topics you will be tested on.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $150
FTCE Professional Education Test Exam Breakdown
|FTCE Professional Education Test Exam Concept||Percent of the FTCE Professional Education Test Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Knowledge of instructional design and planning||18%||21 questions||16|
|Knowledge of appropriate student-centered learning environments||15%||18 questions||13|
|Knowledge of instructional delivery and facilitation through a comprehensive understanding of subject matter||18%||21 questions||9|
|Knowledge of various types of assessment strategies for determining impact on student learning||14%||16 questions||14|
|Knowledge of relevant continuous professional improvement||12%||14 questions||12|
|Knowledge of the Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida||9%||10 questions||6|
|Knowledge of research-based practices appropriate for teaching English Language Learners (ELLs)||7%||8 questions||11|
|Knowledge of effective literacy strategies that can be applied across the curriculum to impact student learning||7%||8 questions||10|
FTCE Professional Education Exam Preparation & Registration
This course is meant to reinforce your knowledge of professional teaching methods and techniques that you will be tested on when taking the FTCE Professional Education exam. The lessons prepare you to answer questions in each of the competency area of the exam, such as those addressing instructional goals and objectives, adapting learning environments for different learning styles, educational technology tools, student motivational strategies and student progress assessment. You'll also be able to answer questions about professional growth practices and ethical behavior for teachers as well as standards and effective instructional strategies in areas of language development, literacy and reading. Each lesson is accompanied by a printable transcript, which can be used as a study aid, and self-assessment quizzes that help you determine your readiness in taking this exam.
In order to register for this or any other FTCE exam, you must first create an account on the FTCE website. Here, you can add in your personal information; pay registration fees online; and select a test date, time and location. The registration process also allows you to select the schools to which you wish to have your test scores reported. An admission ticket will be emailed to you following the registration process. You must present this admission ticket at the testing site on the day of the exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Professional Development Made ME a Better Teacher
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Study.com Updates
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Online Courses and Education Programs in Professional Photography
- Get Inspired! Study.com Speaks With a Professional Writer
- Teachers: How to Find Time For Professional Development
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- List of Free Online Education and Professional Development Options
- Cat Art Information About Becoming a Cat Artist
- Legal Nurse Consultant Job Description and Info for Students Considering a Career in Legal Nurse Consulting
- Production Welder Employment Information for a Career in Production Welding
- Church Pastor Job Information and Requirements for Students Considering a Career As a Church Pastor
- School Guidance Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses