- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 230
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryUse the short video lessons in our remedial Fundamental Trigonometry course to review the topics you're struggling with. Then test your understanding with our short, multiple-choice quizzes to improve your grades.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with fundamental trigonometry topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your trigonometry grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed trigonometry homework
- Have a hard time understanding your trigonometry lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming trigonometry exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our trigonometry instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with trigonometry concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with the properties of real numbers, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on circular arcs, circles and angles. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify trigonometry topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study exponential and logarithmic functions, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering trigonometry!
1. Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
2. Open a lesson and play the video.
3. Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
4. Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a trigonometry concept.
5. Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
6. See your course progress on the trigonometry remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your trigonometry knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Categories and characteristics of real numbers
- Calculations with complex numbers, inequalities and linear equations
- Absolute value and systems of linear equations
- Mathematical modeling
- Quadratic functions
- Analytical, coordinate and triangle geometry
- Exponential, logarithmic, polynomial and trigonometric functions
- Graphing functions and symmetry
- Higher-degree polynomials
- Rational expressions and functions
- Triangle trigonometry
- Trigonometric equations, graphs and identities
- Vectors, matrices and determinants
- Polar coordinates and parameterizations
- Circular arcs, circles and angles
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Short Medical Courses in NY with School Information
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Understanding Grades: The Syllabus
- Understanding Grades: Inflation
- Best Non-Video Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Getting on the Right Track After Remedial Courses in Community College
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- How Do I Improve in My Online College Courses?
- Are Tougher Tests the Reason for the U.S. Teacher Shortage?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses