- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Financial Accounting? - Definition & Purpose
Course SummaryHelp your employees understand the fundamentals of financial accounting with these engaging lessons. Our short, informative lessons help employees hone their financial skills and meet industry financial standards.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Engaging video lessons can help employees brush up on their knowledge of financial accounting to ensure they have the insight necessary to effectively meet your business goals. This course is designed to refresh their knowledge of financial accounting basics and explore the more complicated processes and controls in financial accounting. Assessment quizzes and chapter exams are available to gauge their comprehension of the materials. You can also submit any questions you have about this course to instructors who are ready to assist.
How It Works
The videos in this course are short, averaging five minutes apiece, and can be watched in succession or in any order, making them a simple solution for creating tailored corporate training sessions. The lessons feature text transcripts that allow employees to review video content in written form.
A portion of the training resources you can use in this course include:
- Entertaining video lessons that explore the fundamentals of financial accounting
- Mobile access that allows employees to watch videos from their smartphones or tablets
- Short lesson quizzes with links back to specific topics in in the videos
- Chapter exams covering financial accounting basics, processes in financial accounting and controls in financial accounting
- A final exam that reinforces all concepts covered in this financial accounting course
How It Helps
- Refreshes knowledge: This course can help your employees refresh knowledge of in-depth financial accounting concepts they may not have studied since taking courses in college.
- Aligns skills with business goals: The lessons help employees understand how to align their financial knowledge and skills with your business goals.
- Aids in prevention: Employees can get reacquainted with the rules and regulations of the financial services industry to ensure they regularly prevent any challenges that could arise for your company.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Financial Accounting Basics||Study the definition of financial accounting, fundamental principles of accounting, GAAP and the steps and processes of the accounting cycle.|
|Processes in Financial Accounting||Examine how to record business transactions in accounting, use accrual accounting and prepare financial statements, while also exploring periodic reporting and the time period principle, and perpetual and period inventory systems.|
|Controls in Financial Accounting||Learn about typical problems with financial information, the definition and types of internal controls in accounting and the role of auditors in the accounting process.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Learn Personal Financial Management with a Scholarship to Study.com for Guardian Employees
- Schools for Financial Accounting: How to Choose
- Financial Accounting Certification Programs
- What Does a Financial Accountant Do?
- How to Become a Financial Auditor
- How to Become a Financial Planner
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses