- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 84
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Graphic Design? - Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryIn this informative course is a comprehensive overview of graphic design fundamentals you can share during your corporate training sessions. Entertaining lessons can help your employees become top-level graphic designers and effectively strengthen the quality of your business.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Help your graphic designers gain quality insights into composition, color, typography, imagemaking and other fundamentals of graphic design. This course closely examines graphic design elements and principles, web design basics and more through engaging lessons taught by expert instructors. Self-assessment quizzes and exams along with other resources can round out your corporate training sessions, giving your designers a comprehensive knowledge boost.
How It Works
This course is completely flexible, enabling your to choose the resources you want to include in your training sessions. Select specific lessons in each chapter that align with your training topics or share them all!
Training features offered in this course include:
- Bite-sized lessons you can use to help build your employees' knowledge of logos and brand identity, Adobe design programs and much more
- Multiple-choice quizzes designed to check employees' comprehension of key concepts covered in the lessons
- Broader exams employees can use to find out how well they understand each chapter and the entire course
- Mobile features that allow for smartphone and tablet access and enable employees to utilize resources anytime outside of your training sessions
How It Helps
- Introduces important concepts: This course offers a comprehensive introduction to graphic design and covers other fundamental concepts like typography, color and composition.
- Details processes: Lessons closely examine the processes involved in image-making and choosing a graphic design application.
- Strengthens your business: By understanding all of the basics of graphic design along with ways to create a brand identity and logos, your business can become stronger and more profitable.
After completing this course, employees should understand the following:
- Graphic design fundamentals, elements and principles
- Imagemaking basics
- Typography, shape, color, composition and photography in graphic design
- Basics of web design
- Brand identity and logos
- Design programs from Adobe
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Graphic Design Classes and Courses Overview
- Top School in Charlotte for Graphic Design Training
- Top School in Austin for Graphic Design Courses
- Top School in San Francisco for Graphic Designer Training
- Top Schools for Graphic Design
- Top School in Sacramento for Becoming a Graphic Designer
- Online Certificate in Graphic Design: Program and Course Overviews
- Top School for Becoming a Graphic Designer - Orlando, FL
- Bachelor of Graphic Design: Degree Overview
- Master of Graphic Design: Degree Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses