- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 9
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Roles and Functions of the Nurse
Course SummaryIf you need to earn nursing continuing education credits quickly, check out our Fundamentals of Nursing for Teachers professional development course. In just a few weeks, use the video and text lessons in this course to prepare to earn three college credits to use for your teaching licensure renewal.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
1 chapters in Fundamentals of Nursing for Teachers: Professional Development
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your nursing or health sciences teaching license with Fundamentals of Nursing for Teachers. Brush up on nursing topics so you can better teach nursing, biology, health and other health sciences. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn nursing credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about the nursing profession and communications skills.
- Check your knowledge of things like medication administration and safety with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert nursing instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel Nursing exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 1000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Fundamentals of Nursing for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use towards licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Health teachers who want to brush up on nursing
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging nursing videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a nursing unit or course
- Aspiring nursing teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make nursing easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert nursing instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review nursing terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn nursing credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Pathophysiology for Teachers, Microbiology for Teachers, and Anatomy and Physiology for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in nursing as well as anatomy, nutrition, medical terminology and other nursing and health topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Fundamentals of Nursing for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||The Profession of Nursing (roles of the nurse, the health care delivery system, the nursing diagnosis statement, stress, ethics)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2|
|Legal Aspects of Nursing (nurse practice acts, legal liability, advance health care directives)|
Communication and Interpersonal Relations in Nursing (therapeutic communication, patient instruction, discharge planning)
|Day 3||Chapter 4||Asepsis and Infection Control (the immune system, wound healing, antiseptics, sterilization)|
|Day 4||Chapter 5|
|The Body's Defenses (how the immune system works, inflammation, how to promote the body's defenses)|
Medication Administration (pharmacokinetics, principles of medication administration, effectiveness of medication)
|Day 5||Chapter 7|
|Safety (safety hazards, devices to promote safety)|
Hygiene (personal hygiene standards, hygiene products)
Rest and Sleep (states of consciousness, sleep cycle, hypnosis)
|Day 6||Chapter 10|
| Mobility and Immobility (muscles, joints and bones, body mechanics for nurses, mobility and its impact on bodily processes)|
Pain and Pain Management (types of pain, responses to pain, pain control)
|Day 7||Chapter 12||Nutrition (the food pyramid, calories, nutritional disturbances, feeding methods)|
|Day 8||Chapter 13||Elimination (urinary and intestinal elimination, disturbances in elimination, agents used in promoting elimination)|
|Day 9||Chapter 14|
|Oxygenation (anatomy and functions of the respiratory system, respiratory disturbances, techniques to promote oxygenation)|
Fluid and Electrolyte Balance (disturbances in fluid and electrolyte balance, agents to promote fluid and electrolyte balance)
|Day 10||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for fundamentals of nursing.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- How Do I Earn Credit Through Study.com?
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
- Student Earns Three College Credits and Saves $700 Over Winter Break
- Is IT Possible to Earn College Credit for Free?
- College Student Elisa Fleming Earns College Credit in Two Weeks for Less Than $100
- Can I Earn Credit From Two Community Colleges at Once?
- Want to Earn College Credit This Summer Using Your Phone? Here's How!
- How to Check Course Equivalency When Transferring Online Credit
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses