- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Elements?
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide is designed to provide an overview of basic biological topics, such as cells and molecules. Use this course to review material you will need to know when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Biology Test I exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, you will have the opportunity to go over facts about atoms, cells and genetics. You will also refer to lessons that focus on organic molecules, macromolecules, biological evolution and the origins of life on Earth. You should be fully prepared to sit for the GACE Biology Test I exam after you review this course. Once you have finished this study guide, you should have a firmer grasp of the following concepts:
- The foundational elements of life
- Chemical bonds and reactions
- Types of organic molecules
- Structure and function of lipids, carbohydrates and proteins
- Metabolic biochemistry and cell biology
- Cell division and DNA replication processes
- The transcription and translation process
- Molecular biology lab techniques
- Genetics principles and genetic mutations
- Theories and evidence of evolution