- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Elements?
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide is designed to provide an overview of basic biological topics, such as cells and molecules. Use this course to review material you will need to know when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Biology Test I exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
In this course, you will have the opportunity to go over facts about atoms, cells and genetics. You will also refer to lessons that focus on organic molecules, macromolecules, biological evolution and the origins of life on Earth. You should be fully prepared to sit for the GACE Biology Test I exam after you review this course. Once you have finished this study guide, you should have a firmer grasp of the following concepts:
- The foundational elements of life
- Chemical bonds and reactions
- Types of organic molecules
- Structure and function of lipids, carbohydrates and proteins
- Metabolic biochemistry and cell biology
- Cell division and DNA replication processes
- The transcription and translation process
- Molecular biology lab techniques
- Genetics principles and genetic mutations
- Theories and evidence of evolution
About the Exam
The two-part GACE Biology exam is used in Georgia to test the knowledge of aspiring biology educators at the middle and secondary school levels. The computer-administered Test I contains half of the entire exam's 160 selected-response questions in two subareas: Cell Biology, and Genetics and Evolution. Each subarea accounts for 50% of the test. Test-takers have two hours to complete Test I and must attain a passing score of 220.
GACE Biology Test I Exam Preparation & Registration
You will find this study guide to be an effective and convenient tool to help you get ready for the GACE Biology Test I exam. Short video lessons are accessible at all times from any device, and they offer instruction from experts in the field. Lessons cover such topics as chemical compounds, cell structures, DNA, mitosis, genetic engineering and the history of life on Earth. Instructors can be reached with any lesson-specific questions via a short online contact form. Each lesson contains a self-assessment quiz, and each chapter includes an exam that can help you to measure what you have learned in preparation for the GACE Biology Test I exam.
Begin the registration process for this or any GACE exam by creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website and clicking on the Reason for Testing link. You will then be issued a state certification ID number. This number is required in order to create an Educational Testing Service (ETS) GACE testing account on the ETS website. Complete your registration via phone or online and pay exam fees with a debit card, a credit card, or an electronic check. You can also make payment through PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Georgia Paraprofessional Educator Certification
- Online Cell Biology Course and Class Overviews
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Nurse Educator Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- Online Certificate in Graphic Design: Program and Course Overviews
- RN Schools in Georgia with Certification Overviews
- Overview of Engineering Design Courses
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- EMT Certification Classes in Georgia with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses