- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 72
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Periodic Table: Properties of Groups and Periods
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your understanding of several chemistry concepts--such as metabolic biochemistry, chemical reactions and compounds--using this extensive study guide. This course is designed to fully prepare you for the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Chemistry Test II exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
You will find lessons addressing a variety of chemistry topics in this comprehensive course, including equilibrium and reaction rates. Review details about element properties, macromolecules, acids and bases, and much more. All of the topics discussed in this guide can be found on the GACE Chemistry Test II exam. Once you finish this course, you should have a better understanding of the following:
- Groups and periods of the periodic table
- Organic molecules, DNA and proteins
- Cellular respiration, photosynthesis and other metabolic biochemistry concepts
- Chemical equilibrium
- Types of chemical reactions
- Rate laws and catalysts
About the Exam
In Georgia, aspiring middle and high school chemistry teachers must take the GACE Chemistry exam to determine their readiness to teach this subject at these grade levels. Test II is the second of this two-part computer-administered exam, containing 60 selected-response questions in two subareas: Periodicity and Chemical Reactions; and Solutions and Solubility. The Periodicity subarea accounts for 52% of the exam and the Solutions and Solubility subarea is equal to 48%. Candidates are allotted two hours to answer all test questions and must earn a score of 220 to pass this exam.
GACE Chemistry Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
There is no quicker or more convenient way to prepare for the GACE Chemistry Test II exam than by using this accessible study guide. Lessons are available on all devices 24/7, making it easy to create a flexible study schedule. You will have the opportunity to learn more about electrons, lipids, biochemical cycles, reaction mechanisms and colloids. You have the option to print out lesson transcripts for reference purposes if needed. Get expert instruction for each topic and reach out to instructors with any questions using a contact form. Use self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams to see if you are ready to sit for the GACE Chemistry Test II exam.
Access the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website and create an account to begin the GACE registration process. Click on 'Reason for Testing' and obtain a Georgia certification ID number. This number is needed to create a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. Then you can register online or by phone; in either format, you can pay exam fees via debit or credit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Georgia Paraprofessional Educator Certification
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Study Options and Degree Information
- Should I Major in Chemistry? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Become a Chemistry Informatics Specialist: Career Guide
- Online Inorganic Chemistry Course Information
- Online Organic Chemistry Course Overviews
- Organic Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Chemistry Teacher Courses with Classes Overview
- EMT Certification Classes in Georgia with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses