- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 94
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for Test II of the GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum exam with this comprehensive test preparation course. The course includes short lessons and practice assessments that cover the concepts that appear on this teacher certification test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II (004): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
If you're a prospective special education teacher who needs to take the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II, try studying with this collection of engaging lessons and practice assessments. The content of the course covers the foundations of special education instruction, assessments, curriculum planning, rules, legislation, transition services and much more. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain key concepts and terminology. We also have an Ask the Expert feature that you can use if you have any questions about the material.
Check out our GACE test prep materials! We've got GACE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GACE study guides to help you study, GACE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational GACE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is aligned with the content of the GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II. As you work through these lessons and quizzes, you'll reinforce your special education instruction skills and improve your understanding of special education learning environments. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Summarize the process of human development
- Identify different types of disabilities and analyze their impacts
- Accommodate students who have individual disorders, impairments and disabilities
- Evaluate special education laws and rules
- Understand special education teacher responsibilities
- Describe the basics of individualized education plans in special education
- Identify transition planning services
- Plan curricula for diverse student populations
- Explain how the learning environment affects student health in early childhood
- Utilize strategies for student grouping, instruction and student motivation
- Recognize instructional and assistive classroom technologies
- Describe the function of educational assessments
As you work through the course's 12 chapters, watch/read through the lessons and take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes. The course has a total of 94 lessons that come with printable word-for-word transcripts. You can also take the final course assessment to make sure you're ready to take the GACE exam.
GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II (004) Exam Information
This GACE exam is used to evaluate the instructional knowledge and skills that are required for early childhood special education teachers in Georgia.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Various short-answer
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- Exam Cost: $123
GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II (004) Exam Breakdown
|GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II Concept||Percent of the GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Development and characteristics of learners||20%||20||21|
|Planning the learning environment and social interaction||24%||24||16|
|Evaluation and assessment||16%||16||11|
|Foundations and professional responsibilities||16%||16||24|
GACE Early Childhood Special Education General Curriculum Test II Preparation & Registration
To make sure you study efficiently and effectively, we've designed this course to be as flexible and convenient as possible. You can access the course online at any time that fits your schedule, and the materials can be studied on any device that has an Internet connection, such as a laptop or mobile device. Revisit the lessons as many times as needed, and verify your understanding of the material with the included practice assessments. Also, your course dashboard will keep track for your progress so you can see how much you need to study as your test date approaches.
To register for the GACE assessment, you'll need to be approved by a teacher educator program. Once you gain approval from your current program or a program to which you're applying, you'll be able to work through the GACE test registration process. The process can be completed by phone or online through the official GACE website. Be sure to check the website for upcoming exam dates and registration deadlines, as well as testing accommodations and approve testing centers.
The Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GACE Test Preparation & Resources
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Online Early Childhood Special Education Classes and Courses
- College Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of General Education Requirement
- Missouri Early Childhood Special Education Certification
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- OAE Test Preparation & Resources
- HESI Test Preparation & Resources
- NYSTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- Praxis Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses