- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 140
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're planning on taking the GACE ESOL exam, use this comprehensive test prep course to prepare quickly and efficiently. Inside, you'll find engaging lessons and self-assessments that cover all of the language and instructional topics that you'll be tested on.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
This convenient online test preparation course helps you prepare for the GACE English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) exam. The course's bite-sized lessons and self-assessments can help you review all of the topics that you'll encounter on the exam, such as ELL instruction, classroom management, linguistics, ESOL laws and more. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- Linguistic elements
- Language development stages
- Literacy skill development and language acquirement
- Second language instruction models
- Diversity and culture in ESOL classrooms
- ESOL rights and laws
- Development and assessment in ESOL education
- Classroom management and teacher roles
- ELL instructional design and strategies
- ELL speaking, listening, reading and writing instruction
- Content area instruction for ELL students
About the Exam
The Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Education (GACE) offers this test to prospective ESOL teachers in Georgia. It's designed to evaluate the knowledge and skills you'll need in order to teach ELL learners. There are two computer-delivered tests that test takers must complete. Tests I and II both contain 80 selected-response questions, and each part lasts 2.5 hours. You may take these tests in a single session or separately.
GACE ESOL Exam Preparation & Registration
You can work through the course at your own pace, using any Internet-connected device. The course is available at any time that fits your schedule, and the bite-sized format of our lessons allow you to quickly review and retain important ESOL concepts. Watch simple and fun video lessons and reinforce your understanding with the lesson quizzes and chapter exams. You can also print lesson transcripts to study offline. Feel free to ask our instructors any questions you may have. Finally, we've included a comprehensive course assessment to help you make sure you're ready for the GACE ESOL exam.
You can register for exams at testing centers throughout Georgia, as well as in other states and countries. Check the official GACE website for upcoming test dates. To register, you'll need to create an account on GACE's website and complete the online registration process. Registration may also be done by phone.
The GACE ESOL exam is a registered trademark of the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- Should I Become a Screenwriter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Writer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Librarian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Paralegal? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Dentist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pharmacist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an EMT? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses