- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 62
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
Course SummaryUse our engaging test prep course if you're looking for some help studying for the GACE ESOL Test I. The resources provided, including short lessons and self-assessment quizzes and tests, are designed by professional instructors to make these topics fun to absorb.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this comprehensive study guide course, you'll find learning materials to help you do your very best on the GACE ESOL Test I. All of our lessons are short, conversational, and accompanied by multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter tests designed to help you evaluate your retention before an exam. Use the Dashboard to monitor your progress through the course and to contact our instructors with any questions that come up as you work through the resources. The subjects provided in this course include:
- The elements of linguistics
- Stages of language development
- Developing literacy skills and acquiring language
- Models of second language instruction
- Diversity and culture in the ESOL classroom
- ESOL rights and laws
- ESOL teacher development and roles
About the Exam
The purpose of the GACE ESOL Test I is to test the knowledge of prospective ESOL teachers in the state of Georgia. Made up of two subtests, Test I and Test II, this exam is administered by computer. Both portions of the test may be taken at the same time or separately if that is preferred. During Test I, candidates will have two hours to answer 80 multiple-choice questions covering subjects that include culture, language and professionalism.
GACE ESOL Test I Preparation & Registration
Studying is interesting when you access the lessons, quizzes and tests we've included in this GACE ESOL Test I prep course. At your own pace and on any computer or mobile device, you'll study ESOL laws, the stages of language development, different models of second language instruction and the elements of linguistics, among other subjects. Our lesson transcripts provide handy offline study guides highlighting the key concepts and terms outlined in the lessons.
Registration for the GACE ESOL Test I is completed online or by phone, at which time the testing location and time may be selected. GACE exams are offered throughout the year at a variety of testing centers in Georgia, various U.S. states and internationally. After registering and paying the required fees, test takers will be given an admissions ticket that must be presented along with a valid form of photo ID on test day. Candidates are asked to arrive at the testing center 30 minutes before their examination dressed in comfortable, layered clothing.
GACE ESOL Test I is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Preparing for FTCE, GACE or TExES Tests
- Should I Become a Firefighter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Photographer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Recruiter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pastor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Chef? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Mechanic? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Scientist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses