- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 70
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Effective ESL Classroom Management: Techniques & Strategies
Course SummaryThere's no need to worry about taking the GACE ESOL Test II when you have help from this user-friendly test prep course. Credentialed instructors created the short lessons, self-assessment quizzes, and chapter tests that are available to you at your leisure, 24 hours a day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Our comprehensive study guide course is designed to assist you as you prepare for the GACE ESOL Test II. The study process is easy and convenient with these resources, which you can access at any time on your mobile device or computer. Before sitting for the test or moving on to other subjects, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to make sure that you're ready. This course covers the following topics:
- An overview of classroom management
- English language learner instructional design
- Instructional strategies for teaching ELL students
- ELL speaking and listening instruction
- English language learner reading instruction strategies
- Writing instructional methods for ELL students
- Content-area instruction for English language learners
- ESOL assessment
About the Exam
The GACE ESOL Test II is one of the two tests that make up the GACE ESOL exam. Test I and Test II, which may be taken separately or together, are used to gauge the knowledge of prospective ESOL teachers in the state of Georgia. In Test II, candidates are given two hours to complete 80 multiple-choice questions administered by computer. Questions on this part of the test cover the processes of managing, implementing and planning classroom assessment and instruction.
GACE ESOL Test II Preparation & Registration
We've designed this test prep course to take the stress out of studying for the GACE ESOL Test II. Study the topics you'll need to know, including classroom management, ESOL speaking instruction, instructional design for ELL and ESOL assessments, and set a pace that's appropriate for you. Help from an instructor is available through the Dashboard if you require assistance.
If you'd like to take the GACE ESOL Test II, you must register online or by phone and select your testing location and time. This examination is offered at various times throughout the year in testing locations in Georgia, throughout the U.S. and around the world. On test day, please arrive 30 minutes early and present your admissions ticket and a valid form of photo ID to gain entry to the testing center. Candidates are asked to wear comfortable and layered clothing.
GACE ESOL Test II is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Should I Become a Firefighter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Chef? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Photographer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Mechanic? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Scientist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pastor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Recruiter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pilot? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Dietitian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses