- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 102
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAccess details about dieting and nutrition, substance abuse and school health programs using this study guide. This course provides a review of information you will be required to know when you take the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Health Education Test II exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in GACE Health Education Test II (114): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
Learn about diet planning and health education curricula via this short course that covers all of the topics you will be tested on when taking the GACE Health Education Test II exam. You will have the opportunity to study details about nutrients, healthy eating, substance-related disorders and health information sources. When your study of this course is complete, you should have developed a better understanding of the following:
- Types of nutrients
- Diet planning guidelines
- Nutritional needs and choices
- Addiction and addictive behaviors
- Alcoholism, tobacco use and drug abuse
- School health education program models
About the Exam
The GACE Health Education Test II is the second of this two-part exam designed to measure the knowledge level of those seeking to become certified P-12 health educators in Georgia. Test II consists of 100 selected-response questions in two subareas: Personal Health, Wellness and Nutrition (40 questions) and Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs, and Professional Issues (60 questions). The exam is administered via computer, and candidates are given two hours to answer all questions. A score of 220 is needed to pass this test.
This course was last updated in 2019.
GACE Health Education Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
Use this study guide as a quick reference tool to help you prepare for the GACE Health Education Test II exam. You will be able to access short video lessons 24/7 from any device, making it simple to create a flexible study schedule. Lessons focus on such relevant topics as carbohydrates and lipids; vitamins; nutritional facts and myths; abuse treatment methods; and health education advocacy. Each lesson offers expert instruction, and you'll have the ability to jump to any point in the video that discusses only the topics you wish to review. Take lesson quizzes and chapter exams to demonstrate how much you have learned so that you'll know you're prepared for the GACE Health Education Test II exam.
Begin your registration for this exam by creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website. Click on 'Reason for Testing' and obtain a state certification ID number. You will need this number to make a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. Register online or by phone. In either case, you will submit payment of exam fees via a debit or credit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Substance and Alcohol Abuse Studies: Education Program Information
- Diet and Nutrition School Program Information
- Certificate Programs in Health Psychology: Education Information
- Public Health Graduate School Programs in Georgia with Course Info
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Health Care Education Degree and Certificate Program Information
- Health Information Systems Degree Programs in Georgia
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Programs and Courses
- Mental Health Counselor Certification and Education Programs
- Health Education Specialist Degree and Certificate Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses