- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 99
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Psychosocial Health? - Definition, Components & Traits
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide helps you review health and wellness, health issues, human development and personal safety. The course covers all the topics you could be tested on when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Health & Physical Education Test I exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in GACE Health & Physical Education Test I (115): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
From dieting and drug abuse to sexual health and safety, this study guide covers a wide range of topics relating to health and wellness. You'll study lifestyle choices, relationships, human body systems, nutrition and much more. This course ensures that you are fully prepared for the GACE Health & Physical Education Test I exam. Once you complete your review, you should have a better understanding of the following:
- Social development and psychosocial health
- The immune system, disease control and personal hygiene
- Communication and relationships
- Theories and stages of cognitive, social and emotional development
- Structures and roles of human body organs and systems
- Sexual health, behaviors and reproductive systems
- Healthy eating, diet planning and eating disorders
- Drug and substance abuse
- Safety regulations and practices
- Injury prevention strategies
This course was last updated in 2019.
About the Exam
In Georgia, the GACE Health & Physical Education exam is a two-part exam used to measure the knowledge of potential preschool to high school health and PE educators. Test I is a computer-administered exam containing 100 selected-response questions. The test consists of three subareas: Mental and Emotional Health/Professional Issues (accounting for 25% of the exam); Personal Health and Wellness, Sexual Health and Nutrition (40% of the exam); and Safety and Injury Prevention and Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (35%). Candidates are given two hours and 10 minutes to complete this test and can pass the exam at the induction level by attaining a score of 220.
GACE Health & Physical Education Test I Exam Preparation & Registration
The GACE Health & Physical Education Test I study guide is a great tool to help you brush up on health and wellness material before taking this content area assessment exam. The course provides a review of such topics as mental health issues; developmental stages; contraception methods; dietary choices; and safety precautions. These lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device and can be viewed as often as needed to ensure your full understanding of these topics. You can also use the timeline to jump to any point in a lesson to focus on just the information you need to review. Make sure you're ready to take the GACE Health & Physical Education Test I exam by testing yourself with self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Register for any GACE exam by first creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website. This will allow you to obtain a Georgia certification number to start the GACE registration process. With that ID number, you will create a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. Complete your registration via phone or online. Pay exam fees via debit or credit card, an electronic check or through PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Programs and Courses
- Health Education Certification in Illinois
- Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
- Online Occupational Health and Safety Courses
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Health Educator Careers & Jobs
- Online Courses and Certificates in Health Administration
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Health Aide Certification and Education Options
- Health Safety Degree and Certificate Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses