- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 157
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Physical Education? - Definition & Overview
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview basic physical education topics and PE curriculum development, assessment and teaching strategies using this comprehensive study guide. You will be tested on these topics when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Health & Physical Education Test II exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in GACE Health & Physical Education Test II (116): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
This extensive course helps you to review details about a wide variety of physical education topics, from biomechanics to the social benefits of sports participation. You can review lessons that focus on physical activity, motor skills and exercise programs. Classroom management techniques, fitness program development and PE educator professionalism are other topics of review. Upon completion of this course, you should be fully prepared for the GACE Health & Physical Education Test II exam with a better understanding of the following:
- The definition of physical fitness and the function of the muscular system
- Gross and fine motor skills development
- Benefits of and performance in physical activity
- Instructional strategies in physical education
- PE curriculum design and performance assessment
- Legal issues and considerations in physical education
- Fitness and health promotion
This course was last updated in 2019.
About the Exam
The GACE Health & Physical Education exam is a content area assessment used in the state of Georgia to determine the knowledge level of aspiring health and PE teachers. Test II is a computer-based exam consisting of 100 selected-response questions in four subareas. These subareas are: Basic Sciences of Physical Education (accounting for 20% of the exam); Motor Learning and Motor Development (15%); Sports, Activities and Fitness (30%); and Instructional Principles and Professionalism in Physical Education (35%). You are given two hours and 10 minutes to complete Test II, and you must attain a score of 220 or higher to pass this test.
GACE Health & Physical Education Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide provides a convenient and easily accessible way for you to review everything you need to know for the GACE Health & Physical Education Test II exam. Topics you can expect to study in this course include flexibility, body movements, injury prevention, school health programs and forms of assessments. Video lessons are available 24/7 from any device, making it easy for you to study wherever and whenever works best for you. Instructors are professionals in the field and are reachable via a short online contact form if you have any lesson-specific questions. Measure your readiness for taking this GACE exam by testing your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Create an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website to begin your GACE registration process. Click on the Reason for Testing link and obtain a state certification number. This ID number is required to create a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. Access your ETS account and complete the registration process online. You can also register by phone. Make payment of exam fees via debit or credit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Physical Therapist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Physical Therapist Assistant? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Hot Topics in Education
- Requirements to Become a Physical Education (PE) Teacher
- How to Become a Physical Education (PE) Teacher Online
- Physical Education Major Requirements and Curriculum
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Education? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Physical Education Certification & Diploma Programs
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Virginia
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses