- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 311
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Compare Properties of Functions Algebraically
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReinforce your understanding of math functions and calculations as well as geometric concepts with this comprehensive study guide. This course prepares you to answer questions found on the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Mathematics Test II exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
How do you define and determine limits? What is domain and range in a function? How are trigonometric equations solved? These are just some of the questions you can expect to find answered when you use this course. This study guide covers all the topics you could find on the GACE Mathematics Test II exam. After you complete your study of this course, you should have developed a better understanding of the following:
- Properties of functions and aspects of piecewise functions
- Limits and rate of change
- Calculating and graphing derivatives
- Applications of derivatives
- Integration techniques and applications
- Angles, lines, points and other aspects of geometric figures
- Properties of triangles
- Parallel lines, quadrilaterals and circular arcs
- Conic sections and geometric solids
- Formulas in analytical geometry
- The application of trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric equations, graphs and identities
- Graph and set theories
- Sequences and series
- Statistics, probability and data summarization
- Creating tables and plots
- Sampling, regression and correlation
About the Exam
In Georgia, the GACE Mathematics exam is used to determine the knowledge level of those seeking certification as middle to high school math teachers. Test II contains 45 selected-response questions in a computer-based format. These questions are contained in three subareas: Functions (accounting for 40% of the test); Geometry (30%); and Probability and Statistics (30%). Test takers are allotted two hours to complete this portion of the two-test exam and must attain a score of 220 to pass the test at the induction level.
This course was last updated in 2019.
GACE Mathematics Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
Use this comprehensive study guide to quickly review all of the topics you must be familiar with to pass the GACE Mathematics Test II exam. You can learn more about geometric shapes; logarithmic functions; calculating and solving integrals; random selection; and other trigonometric and geometric principles and concepts. The short video lessons can be accessed at all times, from any device, and provide a timeline that allows you to jump to any point in the video. Lesson transcripts can be printed to create quick-reference materials, if needed. Both the lesson quizzes and broader chapter exams are designed to measure what you have retained. Take the final course exam to determine if you are ready to take the GACE Mathematics Test II exam.
You can register for this GACE exam by creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website and selecting 'Reason for Testing' to obtain a state ID certification number. This ID number is required to create your GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. You can then register by phone or online and make payment of exam fees via debit or credit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Georgia Paraprofessional Educator Certification
- EMT Certification Classes in Georgia with Course Descriptions
- Mathematics Graduate Programs in Georgia
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Become a Math Teacher in Georgia
- What Are Some Online Courses that Will Assist in the Understanding of Data Structure Concepts?
- Home Study Microsoft Certification Courses and Training Programs
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Preparing for FTCE, GACE or TExES Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses