Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide provides a way for you to learn more about school library media programs, policies, resources and technologies. Use this course to review all of the topics covered on the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Media Specialist Test II exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this course, you will have the opportunity to study various aspects of library media program administration, procedures and resource management that you would need to know when taking the GACE Media Specialist Test II exam. You will also review lessons that focus on educational technology, school library media advocacy and professional development opportunities for library media specialists. Once you have completed your study of this course, you should be able to better explain the following concepts:
- The role of library media specialists
- Planning and evaluating school library media programs
- Creating and managing library media procedures
- Using Georgia's library resources
- Using and validating online and other library resources
- Classroom technology tools
- Access to and ethical use of library information
- Promoting school library media programs
- Major legislation impacting school library media
- Professional development practices for media specialists
About the Exam
The GACE Media Specialist exam is a two-part test used by the state of Georgia to determine an aspiring school library media specialist's grasp of professional knowledge needed to obtain certification in this field. Test II is a computer-administered exam with 80 selected-response questions covering three subareas: Program Administration; Professional Development, Leadership and Advocacy; and Information Access and Delivery. The Program Administration subarea accounts for 40% of this test, while the remaining 60% is split evenly between the other two subareas. Test takers are given two hours to complete Test II. A score of 220 or higher is considered a passing score for this test.
GACE Media Specialist Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide is the only tool you need to fully prepare for the GACE Media Specialist Test II exam. You'll find short video lessons that cover details about such topics as the fundamentals of library media program management; funding and staffing library media programs; community and virtual resources for Georgia libraries; source evaluation methods; and much more. Access lessons 24/7 from any mobile or desktop device, making it easy to study at your own pace and when it's best for you. Reach out to instructors with lesson-specific questions using a short online contact form. Take lesson quizzes and chapter exams to gauge how much you have learned and whether you are ready to take the GACE Media Specialist Test II exam.
Registering for this GACE exam starts with creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website. Click on the Reason for Testing link and obtain a Georgia certification ID number. This ID number is then used to create a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. After you access this account, you can then complete your registration online or by phone and make payment of exam fees via debit or credit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Media Production Courses in Georgia with School Overviews
- Library Media Specialist Degree Program and Licensure Information
- Online Media Studies Certificate and Diploma Programs
- Media Studies Degree Programs with Course Information
- Media Specialist Endorsement and Certification Info
- Top Schools for Media Studies
- Top Media Schools and Programs
- Media Specialist Degree Program Information
- Media Specialist Masters Degree Programs
- Library Media Specialist: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses