- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Matter: Physical and Chemical Properties
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this study guide to refresh your memory about motion, thermodynamics, matter and other basic physical science concepts. All of the topics discussed in this course are the same you will encounter when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Physics Test I exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
This study guide covers topics that include everything from atoms to relativity and other material you'll need to know when sitting for the GACE Physics Test I exam. Lessons provide details about nuclear energy, momentum, force, kinematics and so much more. Once you have completed your review of this guide, you should have a better understanding of the following concepts:
- States and properties of matter
- Acceleration and velocity
- The laws of motion
- Oscillations and linear momentum
- Laws of gravitation
- Fluid mass, density and pressure
- Aspects of work and energy
- Equilibrium and elasticity
- Kinetic energy and rotational motion
- Thermodynamics laws
- Isotopes, atomic mass and atomic number
- Modern and nuclear physics
- Classic, general and special relativity
About the Exam
The GACE Physics exam is a two-part content area exam used in the state of Georgia to measure the knowledge of aspiring physics teachers. Test I is a computerized exam that contains 60 of the exam's 120 selected-response questions. Candidates have two hours to take the test which is divided into two subareas: Mechanics (accounting for 60% of the test) and Thermodynamics, Atomic and Modern Physics (40% of the exam). A score of 220 must be attained to pass this test.
GACE Physics Test I Exam Preparation & Registration
This guide makes it easy and convenient to review material when you are preparing for the GACE Physics Test I exam. Video lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device and discuss such topics as motion, force, planetary motion, principles of fluids, power, gravity and heat transfer. Study at your own pace wherever and whenever it best fits your current schedule. Use short lesson quizzes and chapter exams to determine if you need any further review or are ready to sit for this GACE exam.
To register for the GACE Physics or any GACE exam, create an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website. Click on the Reason for Testing link and obtain a state certification ID number. Use this number to then create a GACE testing account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. There, you can complete the registration process online, make payment of exam fees and schedule your test date and site. You can also register by phone. Payment of fees in either case is made via credit or debit card, e-check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Georgia Paraprofessional Educator Certification
- How You Can Use Memory Tricks to Study for Tests
- EMT - Basic Refresher Course Requirements
- EMT Certification Classes in Georgia with Course Descriptions
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Home Study Microsoft Certification Courses and Training Programs
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses