- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 120
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Behaviorism: Overview & Practical Teaching Examples
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis test prep course takes the worry and stress out of preparing to take the GACE Reading Test I by providing you with understandable and easy-to-use resources. Tailor your study experience as you need with these mobile-friendly tools you can access 24 hours a day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
Getting ready to take the GACE Reading Test I exam is uncomplicated when you have help from this engaging and comprehensive study guide course. All of the topics you'll want to review and know well for exam day are presented in one resource for you. Our lessons are a snap to navigate. Before taking the test, you can assess yourself using the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to make sure you're ready. Subjects you'll find covered in this course include:
- Theories of foundational learning
- Child language development
- Literary analysis and literacy development
- Reading instruction and strategies
- Word-learning strategies
- The teaching of reading comprehension and vocabulary
- The connection between reading and writing
- Content analysis via reading and making connections while reading
- Reading instruction materials
- Using technology to teach
About the Exam
Prospective teachers who want to teach reading in the state of Georgia must take and pass the GACE Reading examination. This test is made up of two portions, Test I and Test II, which can be completed together or separately as desired. Administered by computer, Test I consists of questions focusing on leadership and professional learning, as well as curriculum and instruction. On this part of the test, candidates must answer 80 selected-response questions in the allotted time of two hours.
GACE Reading Test I Preparation & Registration
This helpful course is designed specifically to provide you with the information you'll need to know in order to do well on the GACE Reading Test I exam. Our expert instructors have written these lessons to shed light on topics such as the reading and writing connection, word-learning strategies, child language development and foundational learning theories. Work through these lessons as much as needed and whenever you'd like to feel confident on test day.
GACE exams are offered several times per year in the state of Georgia, other U.S. states and globally. Candidates ready to register for the GACE Reading Test I exam may do so online or by phone, but candidates must be registered at least two full days before the date of the test. On exam day, candidates must bring an admissions ticket and a form of government-issued photo ID to the testing center 30 minutes prior to the exam time. Test-takers are asked to wear comfortable clothing in layers so they can easily adjust to the temperature of the testing center.
GACE Reading Test I is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GACE Test Preparation & Resources
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Preparing for FTCE, GACE or TExES Tests
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Test Prep
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- ACT Test Preparation & Resources
- CCXP Test Preparation & Resources
- CGAP Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses