- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 113
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Crisis Situations: Types & Examples
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this study guide to review what you already know or learn new facts about school counselor programs, tools, assessments and intervention strategies. These topics are the same as those found on the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) School Counseling Test II exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
10 chapters in GACE School Counseling Test II (104): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
From elements of school counseling programs to the evaluation of these programs, this course provides you with the opportunity to review various aspects of counseling in all grade levels. You will study ways in which to respond to crisis situations, develop curriculum, assess learning, consider student diversity and use college and career counseling tools. Review of these topics will prepare you for the GACE School Counseling Test II exam. Once you have studied this course, you should have built a better understanding of the following concepts:
- Types of crises and counseling responses and interventions for them
- Counseling programs in elementary, middle and secondary schools
- Guidance counselor roles, leadership functions and advocacy
- Curriculum development and teaching strategies
- Learning assessments
- Equality issues in schools
- Classroom management and teaching in diverse learning environments
- College and career counseling tools and strategies
- Evaluating school counseling programs
About the Exam
The GACE School Counseling Test II exam is the second of the two-test exam that measures the competencies of aspiring school counselors as they seek certification in the state of Georgia. Test II covers the following two subareas: Delivery of Service (80% of the exam) and Accountability (20% of the exam). This test is entirely computer-administered and contains 80 selected-response questions. To pass this GACE exam, candidates must score at least 220.
GACE School Counseling Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide has been designed to be the only tool you need to fully prepare for the GACE School Counseling Test II exam. Video lessons are easily accessed 24/7 from any device, allowing you to create a flexible and convenient study schedule, and can be viewed as often as needed to fully comprehend each concept. Lessons provide detailed reviews of testing and assessment practices in school counseling; types of learning assessments; student diversity; counseling and special needs students; and how counseling can assist students in making college and career decisions. Each lesson is taught by an instructor with experience in the field. Self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams are handy tools you can use to measure what you have learned and your readiness for taking the GACE School Counseling Test II exam.
You must first create an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website to obtain a Georgia certification ID if you wish to register for this GACE exam. This ID number is used to create an ETS GACE testing account on the ETS website. You can then register and make payment of exam fees online or by phone. Payments can be made via a debit or credit card, PayPal or electronic check.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a School Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a School Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- School Counseling Graduate Programs in Georgia
- School Counseling Certification and Certificate Programs
- Online School Counselor Certification: Program Info
- HVAC Schools in Georgia with Certificate Program Overviews
- Paramedic Schools in Georgia with Certification Program Overviews
- Advertising Certificate Programs in Georgia with School Info
- School Counseling Courses in Georgia with Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses