- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 104
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this study guide to learn more about school psychologist intervention techniques and collaborative practices. This course is designed to cover all of the material you will be tested on when taking the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) School Psychology Test II exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
12 chapters in GACE School Psychology Test II (106): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
This course offers a quick way you can review what you know or learn new facts about school psychology strategies, counseling practices at various grade levels, preventive strategies and crisis intervention in school psychology. You will also find lessons focusing on human development, adolescent cognitive and social development, diversity in learning environments and learning promotion practices. Studying these lessons will help you prepare for the GACE School Psychology Test II exam. Once you have completed your review of this course, you should have a better understanding of the following:
- Human development and growth theories
- Types of developmental abnormalities and disorders
- Adolescent mental health development
- School psychology consultation and collaboration strategies
- Plans to improve student learning and retention
- Counseling approaches in elementary, middle, secondary and postsecondary schools
- Classroom, time and conflict management techniques
- Methods for promoting school safety, anti-bullying and crisis prevention
- Types of crisis situations and how school psychologist intervene in them
- Bias, social justice and diversity in learning environments
About the Exam
The GACE School Psychology Test II exam is the second of a two-part exam used to determine the knowledge level of aspiring school psychologists seeking certification in the state of Georgia. This is a computer-administered test consisting of 80 selected-response questions in two subareas: Consultation and Collaboration and Social and Academic Development and Interventions. The Consultation and Collaboration subarea accounts for 34% and the Social and Academic subarea 66% of the exam. Candidates are given two hours to complete Test II of this exam and must obtain a score of 220 to pass the test.
GACE School Psychology Test II Exam Preparation & Registration
This comprehensive study guide is an effective tool you can refer to if you are preparing to sit for the GACE School Psychology Test II exam. Short video lessons review such topics as development in children and adolescents; adolescent psychopathology; family and community involvement in school psychology; and crisis counseling strategies. Study is made easy with 24/7 accessibility to lessons from any device and the option to print lesson transcripts to create handy reference materials. Use a short online contact form to reach out to instructors with any lesson-specific questions. Determine what you have learned and which topics you might need to further review with self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Registering for this or any GACE exam starts with creating an account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website. Click on the Reason for Testing link and obtain a Georgia certification ID number. Use this number to then create an ETS GACE testing account on the ETS website. Complete the registration process and payment of exam fees online or by phone. Payment of exam fees can be made via debit or credit card, electronic check or PayPal.
GACE is a registered trademark of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Georgia Paraprofessional Educator Certification
- Should I Become a Clinical Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Medical School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Film School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Culinary School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a High School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Law School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Nursing School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Cosmetology School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses