- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 150
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this informative study guide course, you'll find the resources you need to prepare for the GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum exam and get a great score. The video and text lessons provided here are accessible 24 hours a day for convenient and flexible studying.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum (583): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
Use this engaging practice course to get ready for the GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum exam. In these chapters, you'll find video and text lessons written concisely and clearly by our expert instructors. We've provided a helpful self-assessment quiz after each user-friendly lesson to help you identify any areas that need more study before test day. You can easily and quickly go back to review just one portion of a video lesson by using the video tabs feature in the Timeline. Through the Dashboard, you're welcome to submit any questions you have along the way to one of our instructors. This course is designed to help you understand the following topics:
- Classroom grouping techniques
- Assistive and adaptive learning equipment
- Behavior and human development
- Theoretical approaches to motivation and learning
- The characteristics of disability and education
- Disabilities and outside impacts
- How assessments are selected for special education
- The educational use of assessment results
- Disabled individuals' educational legal rights
- Special education teachers' professional responsibilities and roles
- Curriculum planning and development for special education
- Instructional strategies tailored to special education
- Special education learning environment management
About the Exam
The GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum test is used in the state of Georgia to assess the skills and understanding of prospective special education teachers. This computer-facilitated test is made up of two parts, which can be taken individually or in full in a single test session. Test one takes two hours to complete, is comprised of 75 multiple-choice questions and tests the candidate on learner development and professional responsibilities. In the second part of the exam, test-takers are assessed on instruction and planning the learning environment in 75 multiple-choice questions that take two hours to complete.
This course was last updated in 2019.
GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum Exam Preparation & Registration
The engaging lessons found in this comprehensives study guide cover all the topics you'll expect to see on the GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum exam. Our lessons outline topics including curriculum development, instructional strategies and classroom management specifically for the special education classroom, as well as the educational legal rights of disabled individuals and the assistive equipment available for learning. We've made these learning tools accessible to you 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer, so you can study at any time that's best for you.
Registration for the GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum exam takes place by phone or online, where candidates can sign up for the test and pay any required fees. Students who wish to take the exam are required to register no less than two full days before the test is administered. Candidates must arrive at their testing locations 30 minutes before their scheduled test times with the proper photo identification. Mobile phones and electronic devices are not permitted in the testing center at any time.
GACE Special Education Adapted Curriculum test is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Herbal Studies Degree Programs with Course Curriculum
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Special Education Course Information
- Studying 101: Guide to Studying in College
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Online Christian Bible Study Courses and Education Programs
- Common Adult Education Courses in Foreign Language Studies
- Environmental Studies: Overview of Common Adult Education Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses