- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Whole-Class vs. Small-Group Instruction
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for the GACE Special Education General Curriculum exam. The course's simple lessons and quizzes are designed to help you quickly prepare for the exam and master essential special education information.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
13 chapters in GACE Special Education General Curriculum (581): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're a prospective special education teacher who is planning on taking the GACE Special Education General Curriculum exam, use this convenient online prep course. The course contains engaging lessons that examine all of the special education topics you'll be tested on, including individualized education plans, student disability categories and special education legislation. You'll also take interactive self-assessments to help you practice answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the GACE exam. The course explores the following topics:
- Student health and the learning environment
- Student disability categories
- Identifying disabilities and understanding human development
- Instructional strategies
- Special education teaching strategies and tools
- Individualized education plans
- Planning and transition services
- Special education classrooms and assessments
- Rules and legislation for special education
- Responsibilities and communication for special education teachers
About the Exam
The exam is offered by the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Education (GACE), and it's designed to assess the knowledge of prospective special education teachers in Georgia. The content of the exam centers around the components of a general special education curriculum, and you must complete two exam sections that each contain 65 questions. The tests can be taken at separate times or in one session. The exam is administered via computer, and each section must be completed within 2 hours.
GACE Special Education General Curriculum Exam Preparation & Registration
This course helps you prepare for the GACE Special Education General Curriculum exam at your own pace and on your own schedule. Your course Dashboard will keep track of your progress, and you can use it to navigate to the chapter topics you want to study. As you work through each chapter, you'll watch fun video lessons and read informative text-based lessons on specific special education topics. Be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to retain the information you study. Lesson transcripts can be printed out, and our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have about the course material. You can also take the final exam to evaluate your readiness to sit for the GACE exam.
Registration for the exam can be completed online or by phone. You can find upcoming test dates and testing centers on the official GACE website. If you choose to register online, you'll need to create an account on the GACE website and follow additional registration steps. Phone registration can be completed during normal work hours.
The GACE Special Education General Curriculum exam is a registered trademark of the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Special Education Course Information
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Masters Programs for Special Education Instructors
- Master in Special Education: Degree Overview
- Education Quizzes
- Career Information for a Degree in Special Education
- Career Info for a Degree in General Special Education
- Master of Arts in Education: Online Special Education Degree
- Master of Arts (MA in Education): Special Education Degree Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses