- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 69
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: GACE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 90+ GACE study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryCheck out this convenient online test preparation course to review concepts that appear on the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II. The course offers short lessons and practice quizzes that help you review and remember material that you'll need to know for the day of your exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
8 chapters in GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related GACE Courses
About This Course
In this course, you'll review a series of chapters that are aligned with concepts that are found on the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Special Education General Curriculum Test II. The course's simple, engaging and expertly taught lessons lay out the foundations of communication, assessments, planning and disability categories in the field of special education. You can work through the course at your own pace as you prepare for the exam, and in addition to the lesson material, the course offers plenty of practice quizzes that allow you to check your understanding of essential special education terms, instructional methods and more.
Check out our GACE test prep materials! We've got GACE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GACE study guides to help you study, GACE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational GACE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The course coincides with the concepts that you'll likely be asked about on this GACE exam. You'll review special education instruction and assessment methods, and our expert instructors will help you boost your knowledge of the human development process. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify the major categories of student disabilities
- Evaluate the impact of human development and disabilities
- Recognize the components of individualized education plans
- Discuss the purposes and functions of transition planning and services
- Compare types of special education classroom assessments
- Recognize special education legislation and rules
- Describe the responsibilities of special education teachers
- Understand the importance of communication in special education
Broken into 7 chapters, the course's 64 lessons use concise definitions and illustrative examples to help you review the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082) concepts. When you finish a lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to see how well you've retained the information. Each chapter ends with a multiple-choice exam, and the course concludes with a final assessment.
GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082) Exam Information
The purpose of the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II is to measure the knowledge and skills that are necessary for teaching special education in the state of Georgia.
- Number of Questions: 65
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $123
GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082) Exam Breakdown
|GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II Concept||Percent of the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Development and characteristics of learners||38%||25||32|
|Foundations and professional responsibilities||32%||21||19|
GACE Special Education General Curriculum Test II Preparation & Registration
The course is available to study 24/7, which makes it easy to prepare for the exam whenever you have free time in your schedule. The lessons are typically less than ten minutes long so you can quickly work your way through the course. Take the practice assessments along the way, and don't hesitate to submit questions to our subject-matter experts if you have any. You can also use any computer or mobile device to study, and you also have the option of printing out the lesson transcripts to study offline.
In order to be eligible for a GACE assessment, you must either be currently enrolled in an educator program in the state of Georgia or seeking admission into one. After requesting eligibility and earning approval by your program provider, you can complete registration for your GACE exam either online, by mail or by phone. Consult the official GACE website for specific information regarding upcoming testing dates, registration deadlines, testing centers and accommodations.
The Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of General Education Requirement
- Online Database Administrator Course Reviews
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Online Artificial Intelligence Course Reviews
- GACE Test Preparation & Resources
- Online Contract Specialist Course and Class Reviews
- Fashion Merchandising Top Rated Fashion Merchandising Degree Programs - San Francisco CA
- Top Continuing Teacher Education Programs - Indianapolis IN
- Sonography Degrees in Miami
- Earning your New York High School Diploma or Regents Diploma
- MIS Degree Top School for a Career in Management Information Systems - Plano TX
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses